Great New Look

Great New Look

This is a discussion on Great New Look within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Cheezy-peezy, we ARE getting to look quite professional. Did you ever guess the forum would go this far, Bumper? For that matter, are there times ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great New Look

Distinguished Member

Great New Look

Cheezy-peezy, we ARE getting to look quite professional. Did you ever guess the forum would go this far, Bumper? For that matter, are there times when you feel the tail is wagging the dog?
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

DC Founder
    While I agree about the new forum look, right now I am feeling like I have been beat into near submission....

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Cheezy-peezy, we ARE getting to look quite professional. Did you ever guess the forum would go this far, Bumper? For that matter, are there times when you feel the tail is wagging the dog?
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    While I agree about the new forum look, right now I am feeling like I have been beat into near submission....
    I for one appreciate your hard work, it is a nice new look, forum pretty much works the same forme although I just pick at the surface. Good work Bumper!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Why are some things pink, and some blue?
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Although it is just a default layout, I actually like it. Very clean and professional look. Of course it'll change as they customize it back to DC standards, but I like it. Quite nice.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    Gender friendly?
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

I like the new look big time!

Change is good. Well maybe not all kinds of change.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    What is pink, specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Although it is just a default layout, I actually like it. Very clean and professional look. Of course it'll change as they customize it back to DC standards, but I like it. Quite nice.
    Actually, it not the default template. I created it quickly with the template designer so we would be close to what we were before and not have to look at the default. The DefensiveCarry graphic header will probably not be added until I get the bugs that are messing everyone one up fixed. Cosmetics are a low priority....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I like the new look... It compliments my Mac browsing nicely!

I quite enjoy the new look Bumper! Very professional and I can't wait till you get the banner up! Thank you so much for all of your hard work in keeping this forum open. It is the best resource I have found for everything guns short of reading through days worth of laws!
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Distinguished Member
    I surely don't want to take credit where it's not due but, I did give a modest donation and I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    To me, the appearance of the forum seems to be "Early Penal System". But I still love the forum, and I appreciate all of the work that goes into it. So, while I may not care for the appearance, I can deal with it if I need to.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

I have been spending a bit of time here, and I really like the new look. I do find that some things work differently, but not difficult...I have managed to 'play and find' all that I need to accomplish.
    Seems pretty user friendly to me.
    I like it!

Thanks, Bumper...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

A couple of things I really like... I'm posting it here instead of the "problems with new forum" page because they aren't problems.

I like the Quick Navigation tab located down at the bottom of the thread you are viewing, And I like the Top tab next to it which brings you back to the top of the page.

They are very handy features for me to use since I have my settings at 30 replies to a page instead of the default 10 replies.

I'm really liking the new format and page!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Looks good. Feels different. I'll get used to it quick enough. No problems. Thanks
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links