Problems with new forum software - Page 3

Problems with new forum software

This is a discussion on Problems with new forum software within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by stanislaskasava "+ Reply to Thread" doesn't work for me in IE6. It just moves the cursor to the "Quick Reply" box that ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Problems with new forum software

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    "+ Reply to Thread" doesn't work for me in IE6. It just moves the cursor to the "Quick Reply" box that is at the bottom of the page. I think someone else said they had this problem.

ETA: I can right-click on "+ Reply to Thread" and select "Open" from the menu. This takes me to the normal Reply box.
    I believe there are some documented problems with vBulletin working with IE. Microsoft keeps changing the way some things work. There are even compatibility issues between IE6 and IE8 I hear, although I can't verify them because I never use IE anymore....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Vbulletin has dropped support for ie6 with vb4. Firefox is the way to go in my opinion.....
    Last edited by saltysquid; July 23rd, 2010 at 10:52 AM.
    If I get cranky It's because the VA is changing my meds again.
    NRA and DAV life member.
    1911Auto

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I'm still getting "Member Name is a Forum Contributor" extending over the posts, blocking much of the post. It's pretty annoying.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    "+ Reply to Thread" doesn't work for me in IE6. It just moves the cursor to the "Quick Reply" box that is at the bottom of the page. I think someone else said they had this problem.

ETA: I can right-click on "+ Reply to Thread" and select "Open" from the menu. This takes me to the normal Reply box.
    This seems to be doing this on my browser as well. I am using Firefox version 3.6.7
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    I'm still getting "Member Name is a Forum Contributor" extending over the posts, blocking much of the post. It's pretty annoying.
    That text is supposed to be replaced with the contributor graphic but I have yet to get that part straightened out. You should be able to bump up your resolution and get it to go away. It's hard to predict what low resolution will do to a design. Running in 1600x1024 on a 22" widescreen monitor I have a full 1/2 inch between the words "Forum Contributor" and the post box...
    Bumper

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    I'm running 1440x900 on a 17" laptop and have about a 1/4" gap. As Bumper said, try increasing your resolution, that should help.

VIP Member
    Hey Bumper,

Would it be possible to enlarge and bold the text string at the top of the page ie: Home - Forum - DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office - Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments - Problems with new forum software
    ? It looks a little lost up there as it is.

Thumper
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Would it be possible to enlarge and bold the text string at the top of the page ie: Home - Forum - DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office - Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments - Problems with new forum software? It looks a little lost up there as it is.
    Maybe it's because I just got off work and am tired, but where is "up there". I'm not following.....
    Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Maybe it's because I just got off work and am tired, but where is "up there". I'm not following.....
    The row of text just above the sponsor's advertisements.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    The row of text just above the sponsor's advertisements.
    Ahh, okay, I get it now. I'll look but I doubt that is something that I can easily change.....
    Bumper

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    This problem is now fixed.
    Bumper

DC Founder
    Ahh, okay, I get it now. I'll look but I doubt that is something that I can easily change.....
    This is not something that I can change very easily and would wind up being "undone" every time we had even a minor upgrade.
    Bumper

VIP Member
    Bumper, not a real problem (and if difficult to fix, forget it), however, can the number of pages shown when the system responds to the "New Post" button show all the pages available when it opens? Is it is now, even if there are more than four, only first four buttons show on the initial page. It's no big thing. Just click on # four and it expands. One extra click is no big deal.

Also a question -- what is the difference between "New Post" and "What's New?"

BTW -- I'm really learning to feel at home w/ the new soft-ware/formate and have no real problems.

Thanks for the Great job you do providing us the best RKBA site I've seen.
    Last edited by DaveH; July 26th, 2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Typo
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

This is not something that I can change very easily and would wind up being "undone" every time we had even a minor upgrade.
    Then it's not worth it.

VIP Member
    Okay, I see you found it... See, they're so small even you lost them! I understand it's a booger to change. Thanks for checking!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links