Problems with new forum software

This is a discussion on Problems with new forum software within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Bumper, I'm trying to PM a picture to a fellow member but I can't figure out how to do this. Looking in the FAQ section ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Problems with new forum software

Pictures

Bumper,

I'm trying to PM a picture to a fellow member but I can't figure out how to do this. Looking in the FAQ section I think that I'm supposed to upload the pictures into an Album that I can create and then use it to add into a PM? However when I try to click on the Album stuff under Gallery tab I get the following message:

TheSaiga308, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Should I be doing this differently? Is this part of the new VB not working properly yet?
    Thanks
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth keystone... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference."
    - GEORGE WASHINGTON

2. Remove Ads

I am having problems using my phone.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I am having problems using my phone.
    The microwave always gets me.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaiga308 View Post
    I'm trying to PM a picture to a fellow member but I can't figure out how to do this. Looking in the FAQ section I think that I'm supposed to upload the pictures into an Album that I can create and then use it to add into a PM? However when I try to click on the Album stuff under Gallery tab I get the following message:

Should I be doing this differently? Is this part of the new VB not working properly yet?
    I'm not sure about adding a photo to a PM, but the gallery is not working correctly yet.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

After the index rebuild, patches and whatever else was applied during the 8-7-2010 updates, the following still are not working:

1. Clicking on the "LAST >>>" link in a thread does not actually jump to the last post in that thread.

2. Clicking on the ">" last post link when viewing a list of threads does not actually jump to the last post in that thread.

Nicely, the <search> feature now seems to be calling up all sorts of history. A number of searches that I've performed are correctly calling up all of the prior discussions that I can recall about that topic. Excellent!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Error message when clicking on an embedded image inside of a thread. The image itself is visible prior to clicking on the image. After clicking on the image, the error message appears, but the larger version of the image does not.

Thread:

defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?53602-Range-Report-Remington-870P-SBS-14-quot-%28shotgun%29&highlight=

Embedded image, link:

defensivecarry.com/gallery/data/500/thumbs/3-inch_00_buck_at_4yds.jpg

Error msg: defensivecarry.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1430

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: navbar in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3984

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/swiftblade/domains/defensivecarry.com/public_html/gallery/header-inc.php(90) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: Call to undefined function construct_editor_styles_js() in /home/swiftblade/domains/defensivecarry.com/public_html/gallery/header-inc.php on line 164

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    After the index rebuild, patches and whatever else was applied during the 8-7-2010 updates, the following still are not working:

1. Clicking on the "LAST >>>" link in a thread does not actually jump to the last post in that thread.

2. Clicking on the ">" last post link when viewing a list of threads does not actually jump to the last post in that thread.

Nicely, the <search> feature now seems to be calling up all sorts of history. A number of searches that I've performed are correctly calling up all of the prior discussions that I can recall about that topic. Excellent!
    I ran the rebuild but have not applied the patch yet, which I believe is bug that the patch will fix. I will probably apply that patch later this next week. It will require the forum to be taken down again but the errors are driving me nuts as well....
    Bumper

VIP Member
    I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it is a software problem/feature.

However, search on a "User Name:" seems to only return threads started by that user.

As I remember the old software we could also find post by a user.

Am I missing a turn somewhere?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it is a software problem/feature.

However, search on a "User Name:" seems to only return threads started by that user.

As I remember the old software we could also find post by a user.

Am I missing a turn somewhere?

Search single content type, then click the "posts" radio button under "Show Results as:"
    Bumper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Search single content type, then click the "posts" radio button under "Show Results as:"
    I'm still getting:

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: this version of PCRE is not compiled with PCRE_UTF8 support at offset 0 in [path]/vb/search/searchtools.php on line 815
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

DC Founder
    Any error referencing UTF8 will be fixed in the next patch. For some reason vBulletin had the database upgrade to be setup with Swedish encoding rather than UTF8 encoding. This causes an error when you do certain kinds of searches. I will try to get the patch applied later tonight, but if I encounter a serious problem the forum will be down until I get time to resolve it. With a funeral to attend, a Navy graduation to attend and packing and moving across country, I have very limited time available....
    Bumper

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    With a funeral to attend, a Navy graduation to attend and packing and moving across country
    Don't know how you do it.

First thing first!

Search can wait.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Don't know how you do it.

First thing first!

Search can wait.
    Nahh, I can work the search fix in tonight.
    Bumper

Going to someone's profile and clicking on "Add to 'Ignore' list" does not actually end up adding that person's "handle" to the ignore list. Although, going into my own Profile area and clicking on "Edit 'Ignore' list" does, via typing one "handle" at a time and adding it to my list.

Add to Ignore List: .../profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=99999

Edit Ignore List: .../profile.php?do=ignorelist

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Going to someone's profile and clicking on "Add to 'Ignore' list" does not actually end up adding that person's "handle" to the ignore list. Although, going into my own Profile area and clicking on "Edit 'Ignore' list" does, via typing one "handle" at a time and adding it to my list.
    This seems to be working for me since the patch. Check it and see if yours works now....
    Bumper

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links