What I don't like about the new forum format

This is a discussion on What I don't like about the new forum format within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; It's now much harder to find threads that I have responded to. The 'Envelope' icons to the right of threads don't seem to indicate whether ...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: What I don't like about the new forum format

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    It's now much harder to find threads that I have responded to. The 'Envelope' icons to the right of threads don't seem to indicate whether I have participated or not, so I have to read every title and try to remember if I was involved in a conversation...

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    It's now much harder to find threads that I have responded to. The 'Envelope' icons to the right of threads don't seem to indicate whether I have participated or not, so I have to read every title and try to remember if I was involved in a conversation...
    There is a key to the icons at the bottom of the page or you can hover your cursor over them, They change depending on whether you have or have not posted, On hover it also tells you how many times you have posted to it....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Looks MUCH better now! Thanks for changing the background to something other than the off-white. Much easier to read!
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

I find the font size way to small for my old(er) eyes. Can it be set?

Also, have we lost some forums, .e.g., holsters, training, concealed carry?

OK on the font size. Found how to do that.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ming View Post
    Also, have we lost some forums, .e.g., holsters, training, concealed carry?
    Nope, they're right where we left them.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Nope, they're right where we left them.
    Found them. Sorry for the dumb questions. I'm still trying to find my way around the changes.

Looks great Bumper.... Can we get the "last time you logged on and the "total pm's" back?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911PKR View Post
    Looks great Bumper.... Can we get the "last time you logged on and the "total pm's" back?
    Total PMs are down at the bottom of the screen when viewing PMs.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Kudo's on the background...much easier on the eyes.

When I log-in and put a check in the remember me box, it doesn't remember me on the next log-in. It's still blank and I have to type in my user name. Also if I'm doing a search I used to start typing my user name and after a few letters it would drop down a list of matches. Now I have to type the entire name before it is recognized. No biggie, just noticed changes.

Thanks again for all your hard work here!
    Proud NRA member

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    still not able to read the "post" buttons at the bottom... not sure if it is the site, or me.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    Kudo's on the background...much easier on the eyes.

When I log-in and put a check in the remember me box, it doesn't remember me on the next log-in. It's still blank and I have to type in my user name. Also if I'm doing a search I used to start typing my user name and after a few letters it would drop down a list of matches. Now I have to type the entire name before it is recognized. No biggie, just noticed changes.

Thanks again for all your hard work here!
    I''ve noticed that on a couple newer versions of VBulletin, next time for general curiosity, instead of logging back in again just refresh or hit the "Forum" button.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    There is a key to the icons at the bottom of the page or you can hover your cursor over them, They change depending on whether you have or have not posted, On hover it also tells you how many times you have posted to it....
    The icon key indicates that a green arrow means I have posted in a thread. However, there are no green arrows to be found. If everybody else is seeing them, I assume that the problem is related to IE6.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    The icon key indicates that a green arrow means I have posted in a thread. However, there are no green arrows to be found. If everybody else is seeing them, I assume that the problem is related to IE6.
    It very well may be. At the very least you probably need to consider upgrading to IE8 for more reasons than just the forum display. There are a lot of security improvements to IE8 over IE6 that may be making your computer vulnerable. That being said, you owe it to yourself to try FireFox, a much superior browser. I was a "resister" for many years but when I finally did I kicked myself in the butt for not doing it much sooner. There is no big learning curve between the two, organizing bookmarks is MUCH easier, you can apply different themes to the browser, there are lots of productivity add-ons, etc. Mozilla, the maker of FireFox also makes Thunderbird (email program) and Lightning (calendering functionality for Thunderbird) that are also, in my opinion, superior to Outlook.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    That being said, you owe it to yourself to try FireFox, a much superior browser. I was a "resister" for many years but when I finally did I kicked myself in the butt for not doing it much sooner. There is no big learning curve between the two, organizing bookmarks is MUCH easier, you can apply different themes to the browser, there are lots of productivity add-ons, etc.
    +1

Firefox is superior in pretty much every way. There are innumerable addons that you can use to help with different things. Proxy managers, themes and styles... I personally have an addon that pulls IP and Whois information for every website I visit, one that can render tabs in an embedded IE engine, an FTP client, a Woot! watcher, a 3D tab animator when switching between tabs, a reverse image search, a very nifty one called Cooliris that makes image searches a lot more interesting...

There are loads of things that make it better.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

To drag a dead horse from the old software versions,

Is there ANY chance of getting a new posts search that doesn't include the "New Members" forum? When you have two or three pages of nothing but posts by one person in the new members forum saying "Hi" to EVERYONE that started a thread there it really muddies up the check for regular posts.

Or maybe make posts to that forum not count toward total post count?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Links