What I don't like about the new forum format

What I don't like about the new forum format

This is a discussion on What I don't like about the new forum format within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I am asking for input from people regarding things that you don't like about the new format. Please, do not use this thread for posting ...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What I don't like about the new forum format

DC Founder

Exclamation What I don't like about the new forum format

I am asking for input from people regarding things that you don't like about the new format. Please, do not use this thread for posting problems and errors. I've post another one for that type of feedback.

Post your problems here, in this ONE thread as this is THE thread I will work from to consider suggestions that will make things better than we were before.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Well naturally, I hate change but that's my problem.
    It seems a little harder to navigate around and my old eyes are not liking everything smaller. The overall look is pleasant as far a colors etc. I'm sure I'll get used to it but again, smaller icons and text are a little harder for me to navigate.

All that aside, thanks for a great forum Bumper... this site has become a second home for me!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

It's harder to read, and the menus aren't as user-friendly, IMO. The thread icons are harder to figure out. Is there a legend for them somewhere? "The Change" won't stop me from visiting, reading and posting, but it's not as enjoyable as it was. My .02.

Well my eyes work fine, and I also think it's harder to navigate.

Maybe it's just change....the links seem to be there just harder to find. That's what I don't like.
    I figure that I'll adjust. It's not the end of the world.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

The white background seems to be kinda harsh on my eyes,other than that It's just got a little learning curve
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I can't find an option for 'today's posts'. Is there such a thing anymore?

I also don't like that URL links are not underlined. I don't know what's a link and what is not.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I want my User CP, with its easy to navigate list of subscribed threads, back. I don't know that it's possible with this version of vbulletin though.
    I know it isn't helpful, but generally speaking this version just sucks, from a user's perspective.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    It's harder to read, and the menus aren't as user-friendly, IMO. The thread icons are harder to figure out. Is there a legend for them somewhere? "The Change" won't stop me from visiting, reading and posting, but it's not as enjoyable as it was. My .02.
    At the bottom of the main page below the list of members online is a legend for the icons. The front page of each forum contains a legend for the thread icons at the bottom.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    I want my User CP, with its easy to navigate list of subscribed threads, back. I don't know that it's possible with this version of vbulletin though.
    I know it isn't helpful, but generally speaking this version just sucks, from a user's perspective.
    Take a look in the upper right hand corner and click settings. I think this is what you are looking for.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    I like it mostly, but have a hard time navigating to private messages.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post

I also don't like that URL links are not underlined. I don't know what's a link and what is not.
    Ditto on the links, a different color would be nice, underlining would be a plus.

As far as "Todays Posts" go, you can mark all forums read and then click new posts and that will give you the option to view posts from the last 24 Hours. It's a bit long compared to having the previous option, but it's something.

"Hope and Change" everything back as close as you can come to the way it was before. See the "lack" of smiley's on this thread? Yep,... there's a reason for that. You've got to go find em'. LOL. I need a "manual of arms" here. BTW: What is CMS Comments and why suggest no one post there w/o explaination?

DC Founder
    AND

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I like it mostly, but have a hard time navigating to private messages.
    Look at the navigation line under the word "Forum", which is actually a tab. There is a list there including "New Posts" and "Private Messages"

I will look into this tonight...
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Harder to read and the size of the "Reply to Thread" boxes -- especially the Advanced.

Too soon to be sure, but I done some searches that failed to find what I was fairly sure were there -- for example Keyword = "heller"; "Search entire post"; "Any date" and "newer" came up with only two threads. Could be I'm doing something wrong. Could be it's not the new "forum format" but something in the data base that got corrupted.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Harder to navigate.
    Harder to read ... size of print and thread headers
    And, the advertisements at the top everytime we enter into a thread become a real nuisance.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links