Site Speed

This is a discussion on Site Speed within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Is the site running slow today? Also having similar issues with Google....

Thread: Site Speed

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar

Site Speed

Is the site running slow today? Also having similar issues with Google.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    It's brisk for me, and the server load average numbers are quite low. I suspect an issue with your ISP.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Administrator
    Right quick & zippy on my end.

VIP Member
    No problem here.

However, a number of other site are slow or nor responding. Getting some "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" messages at other site -- but none here.

Maybe a hub problem somewhere.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I too have had some speed issues with this site on and off. I have noticed Google being slow too especially getting to Gmail. My personal website for my Jeep club is down. Something is going on.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

No problems here.

DC Founder
    Our performance numbers are still high on the server itself. I expect that there is a problem in the network somewhere along the path to you....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Our performance numbers are still high on the server itself. I expect that there is a problem in the network somewhere along the path to you....
    Not doubting you at all boss but I've checked other sites and had no problems.

I am not well versed in the terminology of computerdom but my experience today is unlike anything I've dealt with. It's as if once I get on the forum and then try to go to a sub forum it takes upwards of ten seconds to load that "page"? then after I read a thread and deceide to switch threads the same delay happens. The strangeness seems to be, if I "back up" through the forum everything seems fine.

Maybe it is some how on this end, if it is I'm not happy as this computer just turned a week old. Thanks.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Not doubting you at all boss but I've checked other sites and had no problems.

I am not well versed in the terminology of computerdom but my experience today is unlike anything I've dealt with. It's as if once I get on the forum and then try to go to a sub forum it takes upwards of ten seconds to load that "page"? then after I read a thread and deceide to switch threads the same delay happens. The strangeness seems to be, if I "back up" through the forum everything seems fine.

Maybe it is some how on this end, if it is I'm not happy as this computer just turned a week old. Thanks.
    Actually, it's not as simple as having one slow and others not. Think of the Internet looking like a highway map. A road may be out somewhere that presents you with an obstruction to your travel. A detour is available but may be a secondary road that takes much longer for you to get where you're going. Travel to the west coast may be completely unobstructed where the next town to the south of you may be unreachable. Our server is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. The only way I know that you could compare apples to apples is to try and hit another site located at the same host in the same city. All I can give you is the performance health of our server and the performance I experience. They are both good. Hopefully whatever problem you are experiencing along the way will be cleared up soon. While it is probably not your PC, you may want to check for adware, trojans or viruses. If you have Carbonite or a similar Internet backup service I would bet you a donut and a cup of coffee that that is your problem....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Try this. It will tell you how fast things are on your end:

www.speedtest.net

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    The strangeness seems to be, if I "back up" through the forum everything seems fine.
    The experts, please correct me if I am wrong, but the quick refresh of "back up" surfing is from the cache of the internet address that your computer retains until overwritten by more surfing.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    The experts, please correct me if I am wrong, but the quick refresh of "back up" surfing is from the cache of the internet address that your computer retains until overwritten by more surfing.
    Correct, your PC or laptop stores a snapshot of your current session to recall.

Links