This is a discussion on Log In Problems within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Every time I attempt to log in, I get the message "You do not have permission...etc." I log out and log back on and everything's ...

Thread: Log In Problems

Every time I attempt to log in, I get the message "You do not have permission...etc." I log out and log back on and everything's ok. Can you guys solve this problem?

I also get the same message when I log in....HOWEVER...if you click on FORUM it will take you to the main Forums page....BUT..with that being said...I'm afraid if NEW PEOPLE come to the site, get hit with that page, then they just say "Heck With It" and give up never to return. If you notice there have been fewer and fewer new members lately...reckon this could be the cause?? Just sayin.....

Otherwise, my compliments, the site has really "tweaked" up quite nicely. Thanks for all your hard work Bumper...I for one appreciate it...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Lead Moderator
    Check and see if you are using http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/forum.php as your entry URL. That should take you right to the forums with no strange messages.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

rstickle...if someone uses the generic www.defensivecarry.com to reach the website, they are immediately faced with the page that has the v-bulletin message saying you do not have access...yada yada yada....That particular message does not direct new folks to register or signin...it is simply a discouragement as I stated and potentially drives them away. If someone bookmarks the site as www.defensivecarry.com then it should take them immediately to a greeting page and not the v-bulletin announcement...I agree that the link you provided takes someone to the forum page...Just saying.....
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    rstickle...if someone uses the generic www.defensivecarry.com to reach the website, they are immediately faced with the page that has the v-bulletin message saying you do not have access...yada yada yada....That particular message does not direct new folks to register or signin...it is simply a discouragement as I stated and potentially drives them away. If someone bookmarks the site as www.defensivecarry.com then it should take them immediately to a greeting page and not the v-bulletin announcement...I agree that the link you provided takes someone to the forum page...Just saying.....

This has been addressed in a couple of other threads already and Bumper is going to fix it so it works that way. For now it's on the to do list though.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ems-logging-in

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-glitch-lately

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    This has been addressed in a couple of other threads already and Bumper is going to fix it so it works that way. For now it's on the to do list though.
    It will be fixed when I have the time to get the CMS up and running. For now, it is what it is. I am busy trying to get 6000sf of house packed and ready to move across country in 8 days. It simply has to wait.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

GM
    I never have that problem.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Question Help

How come I'm getting this when I log in? foots402, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

Hit the Forum button at the top of the page and then Bookmark the page that comes up. Took care of the problem for me.

Links