Odd thing when I reply with quote

This is a discussion on Odd thing when I reply with quote within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; When I hit "Reply with quote" and the reply box opens just below the post I am quoting, I find that when I start typing ...

Thread: Odd thing when I reply with quote

When I hit "Reply with quote" and the reply box opens just below the post I am quoting, I find that when I start typing my reply sometimes it shows up in the middle of the quoted text. If I don't catch this first, when I go to post my reply, i am told my reply is too short of course because it has all been typed in within the quote boxes.

Also, why am I only able to reply from the "quick reply" box? Why did that change from the old system?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    When I hit "Reply with quote" and the reply box opens just below the post I am quoting, I find that when I start typing my reply sometimes it shows up in the middle of the quoted text. If I don't catch this first, when I go to post my reply, i am told my reply is too short of course because it has all been typed in within the quote boxes.

Also, why am I only able to reply from the "quick reply" box? Why did that change from the old system?

Click the "Go Advanced" button after hitting Reply with Quote. If you just want to reply and not use the quick reply box use the "Reply to Thread" button at the bottom of the page. You can use the multi quote button (the little +) on multiple posts and then use the Reply to Thread button to multi reply.

I always make sure I click inside the reply box to put my cursor where I want to start typing my text so it doesn't end up somewhere in the middle. :)

I know all that and I know i can work around this little oddity, I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem since the new version of the site went into use.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Lead Moderator
    I know all that and I know i can work around this little oddity, I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem since the new version of the site went into use.
    Yup! It seems to be the default in the new software.......
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Same here. Happened to me ever since the change of software. Guess we just have to get used to it.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

GM

No, it does not happen to me. Like you say, the reply box opens just bellow the post I am quoting, but the text I type shows always below it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Links