How about a special section for revolvers?

This is a discussion on How about a special section for revolvers? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Would anyone else like to see the DCF have a forum section devoted to revolvers? This is a great site, but as a devoted wheelgunner ...

Thread: How about a special section for revolvers?

Would anyone else like to see the DCF have a forum section devoted to revolvers? This is a great site, but as a devoted wheelgunner I get a little tired of wading through discussions of ftf's, stovepipes, spring replacement,
    magazines, finding a load that will cycle, etc. It would really enhance my enjoyment of the site to be able to find and interact with other revolver owners without a lot of effort.
    Thanks.
    Eldon Hickey

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I personally don't see the need. We have PMs, we have start a thread for revolver owners only and we can converse on it specifically. I don't see much of a effort on either of those two items. I personally would love to discuss just revolvers in it's own thread, there are plenty of them or start a new one.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

DC Founder
    The "Defensive Carry Guns" forum was intended to be broad and inclusive of both revolvers and pistols. I doubt it would generate enough traffic to warrant creating one and trying to separate what we already have. That's not saying that revolvers are less suited to concealed carry but rather that, statistically, a smaller number of people carry them these days....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I think it would be a good thing.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Wouldn't hurt my feelings either way really.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

I like it the way it is now. I recently became enamored with wheelguns, and like to talk/post about them as much as anyone, but I believe we have the best forum setup on the web.

We have the Superduper Snubbie Thread, and it's been going strong for quite some time. Threads get started all the time about revolvers, and I'm pleased to participate in them.

If we had a revolver sub-forum, then members would want a 1911 section, or a Glock section; where do you draw the line?

As a new revolver owner, I'd be more than happy to have a pm session about them; with anyone, anytime. In fact, I've been having some fun ones, recently.

You could always start a revolver fan thread; then sit back and see how many people participate. I'm sure pogo would stop by with some excellent photos, as would los, with his beautiful little revolver that he seems to capture with a camera, so well. zero has done a killer job melting his SP101.

Hmm. Come to think of it we've got a ton of revolver stuff already.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Links