October 21st, 2010 11:12 PM
"Other" ways to support the forum
I have had several people ask me lately how they can help the forum, outside of donations. A couple have suggested that I start a thread so others that have wondered, without asking the question, would know. While I don't care for soliciting donations from our membership, there are several other ways listed below to support us on purchases you are already planning to make or without spending any money at all.
1. Click on the "Affiliate Partners" text links in the right side column. We get a nickel every time someone takes one of those links and you don't have buy anything. Believe it or not, the nickels add up over time. We get a few bucks every month from those links and I expect that our many of our members find a source for things they want to buy.
2. If you are planning on joining or renewing the National Rifle Association (NRA) do it through the graphic link in the right side column of the front page. We get a small commission on all new NRA memberships, membership upgrades and extensions and annual renewals originating from the DefensiveCarry website link.
3. If you are planning on joining the United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) to get a subscription to Concealed Carry Magazine or just buy other merchandise from their website, by taking the link in the right side column of the front page we, again, get a small commission on all new USCCA memberships or renewals originating from the forum. The magazine is another great resource for those that carry and have recently expanded the size of the magazine and eliminated paid advertising.
4. While clicking on our sponsor links do not generate per click commissions, supporting our sponsors does help to support the forum. We have a pretty good track record of our sponsors staying with us but letting them know, firsthand, that you found their link here or are buying from them to specifically support our sponsors. This helps them know that their sponsorship is working for them.
5. And, finally, members should know that they help the forum by simply participating here. It's our members that keep the place interesting by sharing their experiences, their questions and opinions on our focus. Without all of you there would be no reason for us to even be here.
For all of our members that do donate to the forum, we very much appreciate your interest in supporting the forum with your hard earned dollars. We especially appreciate it in our current economy when people are hit hard by the rising prices of inflation and the inevitable increase in taxes.
So there, for those of you that have written asking how you can support the forum, you already are helping us out.
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.
October 22nd, 2010 12:07 AM
Support comes from a close knit family. That's what it's all about.
October 22nd, 2010 07:42 AM
Excellent info Bumper. Thanks for posting. I'm sure there is quite a few that didn't know that information. Thanks again.
Glock 26 XD9sc
Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP
By DaveH in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
Last Post: November 1st, 2009, 11:38 AM
By wendywc in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: January 20th, 2008, 11:46 PM
By MountainMan in forum Related Gear & Equipment
Last Post: March 17th, 2007, 01:16 PM
By Ride4TheBrand in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: March 6th, 2007, 10:35 AM
By goawayfarm in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: November 19th, 2006, 10:51 AM
» DefensiveCarry Sponsors