New Front Page

This is a discussion on New Front Page within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Bumper and all the Staff, The link I usually use to get on line bypasses the new front page, but I think I am going ...

Thread: New Front Page

Thumbs up New Front Page

Bumper and all the Staff,

The link I usually use to get on line bypasses the new front page, but I think I am going to have to change that. I just saw the new page, which is apparently what all the "CMS Comments" stuff has been about, and it looks good. A lot of really good info right there for members to learn from. Thanks for keeping the place running so well, and for letting all of us hang out here. I know I have learned a lot from this forum, and hopefully have contributed a couple of my own intelligent thoughts.

Happy Holidays
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    +1.

Really like the front page. Keep up the good work!

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    I agree, but I am still getting access denied messages when I try to access links stored there, like the Don't talk to the police link. I have to reload the whole page from my favorites.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

DC Founder
    Thanks, guys, I appreciate it. I haven't been able to spend as much time on it as I would have liked because my Dad has been in the hospital but now that he's out, I am now getting back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by CCWFlaRuger View Post
    I agree, but I am still getting access denied messages when I try to access links stored there, like the Don't talk to the police link. I have to reload the whole page from my favorites.
    I never meant for the comments switch to be turned on as I said in the other thread. To that end, I have removed the ability to comment on articles and removed the "CMS Comments" forum. The CMS is ONLY accessible from the base URL (http://www.defensivecarry.com) or the old forum URL (http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/). There is no link to go back to it once you are in the forum. I will try to get a link added in the navigation bar so those of you that want to, can go back without saving another favorite/shortcut....

Edited to add: The link to the front page has been added. It is located in the navigation bar in the upper left hand side of page just below the header graphic.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Thanks for clearing that up, Bumper, and sorry for starting trouble by commenting on the post there.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by CCWFlaRuger View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, Bumper, and sorry for starting trouble by commenting on the post there.
    Not a problem, you started no trouble. Any other problems with the CMS, let me know here. It is still a work in progress.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Links