Glad to be a part of this great site!

This is a discussion on Glad to be a part of this great site! within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Welcome to the forum from Virginia. This is a great place with lots of good Info. and friendly people....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Glad to be a part of this great site!

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum from Virginia. This is a great place with lots of good Info. and friendly people.

2. Remove Ads

How long does it take for "Contributing Member" badge to show on one's profile?
    It Is Easy To Be Brave From A Distance ~ Aesop

Administrator
    PM sent!
    XD Sub-Compact .40
    XDm Compact .40
    Ruger LCP
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

Well, what a surprise! You go away for a month or so and come back to new owners and a new look!

Bumper, all I can say is it's been one hell of a ride with you at the helm buddy. IIRC I remember you said you've administrated or started other forums in the past, but I'm sure none of them has the success or hold a place in your heart like this one. I first joined back when we were Combat Carry and have watched this place grow and change over the years, yet always held to your core beliefs in what you wanted this forum to be. Your tireless work and commitment has not gone unnoticed buddy! No doubt you thought long and hard and even agonized a bit over this last "change of command." Your work and creation of this place have given me a new home and place to hang out. Thank you so much for all you have made here!

To bman505, 4Nines and the other new administrators, I'm happy to have you aboard. I know it was a huge commitment on your part to invest and take over the helm in order to maintain and carry on the greatest gun forum on the internet. A daunting task indeed would be an understatement. God speed to you and your team and I hope you receive all the support you need. I have all the confidence that you will do this forum right and continue our founders core principles, yet keep us competitive and working smoothly with all the new technologies emerging in the online world. And thanks for keeping all of Bumpers crew of Administrators and Moderators! A great group of folks who are the core of this website! Two thumbs up for you and your crew.

And Bumper... Thanks for everything buddy! Don't be a stranger, you've provided an priceless service to all of us in the gun community and we hope you stay engaged with us!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    Thank you Bark'n for the welcome! Just one question though?? How does a VIP Member get away with being away from the forum for a month?? haha
    XD Sub-Compact .40
    XDm Compact .40
    Ruger LCP
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

Quote Originally Posted by bman505 View Post
    Thank you Bark'n for the welcome! Just one question though?? How does a VIP Member get away with being away from the forum for a month?? haha
    I bought a new house and was moving! I don't know how the hell Bumper kept in touch so much during his move from AZ to MO... I just moved across town about a mile away. Apparently he's a better at multi-tasking than I am.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Well, what a surprise! You go away for a month or so and come back to new owners and a new look!

Bumper, all I can say is it's been one hell of a ride with you at the helm buddy. IIRC I remember you said you've administrated or started other forums in the past, but I'm sure none of them has the success or hold a place in your heart like this one. I first joined back when we were Combat Carry and have watched this place grow and change over the years, yet always held to your core beliefs in what you wanted this forum to be. Your tireless work and commitment has not gone unnoticed buddy! No doubt you thought long and hard and even agonized a bit over this last "change of command." Your work and creation of this place have given me a new home and place to hang out. Thank you so much for all you have made here!

To bman505, 4Nines and the other new administrators, I'm happy to have you aboard. I know it was a huge commitment on your part to invest and take over the helm in order to maintain and carry on the greatest gun forum on the internet. A daunting task indeed would be an understatement. God speed to you and your team and I hope you receive all the support you need. I have all the confidence that you will do this forum right and continue our founders core principles, yet keep us competitive and working smoothly with all the new technologies emerging in the online world. And thanks for keeping all of Bumpers crew of Administrators and Moderators! A great group of folks who are the core of this website! Two thumbs up for you and your crew.

And Bumper... Thanks for everything buddy! Don't be a stranger, you've provided an priceless service to all of us in the gun community and we hope you stay engaged with us!
    Thanks, Bark'n, I very much appreciate your comments. I'll be around the forums, I'm not going anywhere.....

Quote Originally Posted by bman505 View Post
    As a fellow Missourian now, I gave him a hall pass....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Administrator
    Well if Bumper gave you a hall pass, then I am cool with it! ha
    XD Sub-Compact .40
    XDm Compact .40
    Ruger LCP
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

Glad to hear you're not leaving us Bumper, I've enjoyed my time here very much. I've learned more and been able to spend my gun money much more wisely, because of you and the other cast and crew here.

To the new owners, admins and stewards of this great site I'd like to say thanks for keep us up and running while headed in the right direction. I do have one question though...

Will we be required to attend Minion Re-education Training at some point or are we grandfathered into the new program? Will snacks be provided?
    Jack

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    I do have one question though...

Will we be required to attend Minion Re-education Training at some point or are we grandfathered into the new program? Will snacks be provided?
    Jack
    Hmmmm. Guess you will have to fill me in on the minion re-education training?
    XD Sub-Compact .40
    XDm Compact .40
    Ruger LCP
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

Secret decoder rings were issued, most said things like "Police your brass" or something similar. All mine ever said was "Drink your Ovaltine."

Welcome from MI. It will be nice to get to know you.

As someone here said, I step away for a while and everything changes! It's great to see you here Brandon! You are doing a great job here as well!

Max

The more things change, The more they stay the same. To all Good Luck.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I bman505. That screen name sounds very familiar to me. Did you used to own, or still own concealedcarrychat out of new mexico?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links