Glad to be a part of this great site!

This is a discussion on Glad to be a part of this great site! within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hello Everyone, We wanted to take a minute an introduce ourselves as the proud new owners of DefensiveCarry.com. First off, my name is Brandon and ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Glad to be a part of this great site!

Administrator

Glad to be a part of this great site!

Hello Everyone,

We wanted to take a minute an introduce ourselves as the proud new
    owners of DefensiveCarry.com. First off, my name is Brandon and I am
    one of the new owners of the site. For most of my life I've been an
    avid gun guru, collector, and general outdoors enthusiast. I've now
    had my CCW for three years now.

Last week the site was moved to a brand new, state of the art server
    and hosting facility that should keep things running smooth for years
    to come. We are very knowledgeable with vBulletin and have plans on
    adding several custom features that the community will enjoy. Our main
    goal is to carry out the vision of DefensiveCarry.com that Randy had
    when he launched the forum 7 years ago.

Probably the number one question from everyone is "What will Change?"
    Well, to be honest not much will change here. We will mainly be
    taking over the day to day operations of the forum (Support Emails,
    Software Upgrades, Hardware Upgrades, Technical Support, Vendors,
    etc). We will be working side by side with the current moderation team
    and Randy to ensure the site maintains it's current polices, look and
    feel.

We are very excited and honored to become a part of this community. If any of you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to contact me. We look forward to getting to know you all and making many friends here.
    yankey and TBEAR45 like this.
    XD Sub-Compact .40
    XDm Compact .40
    Ruger LCP
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

2. Remove Ads

Welcome
    best_hack likes this.

Welcome & thanks for the upgrades to the site

Awesome....

VIP Member
    Hi Brandon,

Don't change DC.Com too much!

Most of us like it pretty much just the way it is!

BTW, welcome from Victoria, B.C.

I have in-laws in Las Cruces.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Welcome aboard! It ain't too broke so it don't need much fixin'.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Welcome aboard Brandon. Great site here and hopefully you'll find not much tweaking needs to be done.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Welcome Brandon! I believe DefensiveCarry.com to be both unique and head & shoulders above any other gun forum (for lack of better words). All credit is due to the admins and owner(s) here in attracting and retaining members that have a lot to offer. I'd love to hear more about your background, interests and plans for this site.

DC Founder
    As Brandon alluded to, there's not plans to make any major changes. Over the past few years, as the forum has gotten larger and larger, I found it difficult to keep up with the latest tools that are really needed to keep a board this large running optimally. I had to consider long and hard about selling it and turning it over to someone else but after several conversations with them I was convinced that they would, in fact, not make a lot of sweeping changes in what has become our trademark. Brandon and his crew very much want to continue the success this forum has enjoyed in the past and are investing the time, energy and financial support that is needed to keep it running the way it should.

All that being said, I want to thank every one of you that have worked to make the forum what it is today. That includes our staff and our members alike. I have had some of the greatest people to work with to manage the forum. Each and every one of them have gone above and beyond what I expected of them. The time they have invested here is really unbelievable. On those occasions where I have been away on vacation or during my move across country this past summer I could always count on them to be here taking care of the place and keeping it running smoothly. When a problem did occur I would receive emails and telephone calls letting me know. They are, in my opinion, the best I could have had to help me. Our members, too, have been awesome about letting us know when something was going on we needed to know about. Spammers, trolls, performance problems, the forum being down, etc was always reported quickly by more than one member. Together we really have created a very much alive community. A home. And, while many have said that this forum was "Bumper's house", it was really all of ours all along. And I hope it will continue to be. Different owner, same great place to hang out and learn from the experiences of others and to get answers to questions you may have. I hope you will all support Brandon as you have supported me.

If all of this sounds like I am getting ready to go somewhere, that's not really what it is. I'm going to be right here continuing to support the forum and the new owners. The only difference is that I now have a boss.

And, again, thanks for all all of you have done over the years to make this what I believe is the best forum on the Internet....
    oneshot, Saber, Bark'n and 1 others like this.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Welcome to the DC Forum from Delaware! This is a great forum, and even if we disagree with each other once and awhile, it sure beats any other Site. We are after all FAMILY!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    As Brandon alluded to, there's not plans to make any major changes. Over the past few years, as the forum has gotten larger and larger, I found it difficult to keep up with the latest tools that are really needed to keep a board this large running optimally. I had to consider long and hard about selling it and turning it over to someone else but after several conversations with them I was convinced that they would, in fact, not make a lot of sweeping changes in what has become our trademark. Brandon and his crew very much want to continue the success this forum has enjoyed in the past and are investing the time, energy and financial support that is needed to keep it running the way it should.

All that being said, I want to thank every one of you that have worked to make the forum what it is today. That includes our staff and our members alike. I have had some of the greatest people to work with to manage the forum. Each and every one of them have gone above and beyond what I expected of them. The time they have invested here is really unbelievable. On those occasions where I have been away on vacation or during my move across country this past summer I could always count on them to be here taking care of the place and keeping it running smoothly. When a problem did occur I would receive emails and telephone calls letting me know. They are, in my opinion, the best I could have had to help me. Our members, too, have been awesome about letting us know when something was going on we needed to know about. Spammers, trolls, performance problems, the forum being down, etc was always reported quickly by more than one member. Together we really have created a very much alive community. A home. And, while many have said that this forum was "Bumper's house", it was really all of ours all along. And I hope it will continue to be. Different owner, same great place to hang out and learn from the experiences of others and to get answers to questions you may have. I hope you will all support Brandon as you have supported me.

If all of this sounds like I am getting ready to go somewhere, that's not really what it is. I'm going to be right here continuing to support the forum and the new owners. The only difference is that I now have a boss.

And, again, thanks for all all of you have done over the years to make this what I believe is the best forum on the Internet....
    Glad to hear you're sticking around Bumper!!

The place wouldn't have been the same without you!!
    oneshot and Saber like this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Administrator
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone. This is a great site.
    XD Sub-Compact .40
    XDm Compact .40
    Ruger LCP
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bman505 View Post
    We are very excited and honored to become a part of this community. If any of you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to contact me. We look forward to getting to know you all and making many friends here.
    WOW, an Administrator with 22 posts ......that'll be changing fast.

Seriously, welcome to your DC community here. Bumper has done a great job, and a good guy to work with. I bet you'll do the same.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I've been really glad for the day I kinda wandered into this forum website!!! Evreyone has been so friendly and it's nice to have that kind of fellowship!! Keep up the good work and as Larry, the Cable guy says, "Getter done"
    Last edited by hienykins; March 3rd, 2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Spelling!!
    NRA Member
    Ruger LC9
    Taurus PT92 AF
    Mosin-Nagant 91/30 (2)
    If you are going to shoot at Mimes, should you use a silencer?? ( Steven Wright)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links