New Look for Forum.......

This is a discussion on New Look for Forum....... within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by bunker how do you change to blue again? bunker Hi bunker, click on the "Forum Actions" tab in the dark blue line ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New Look for Forum.......

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    how do you change to blue again? bunker
    Hi bunker, click on the "Forum Actions" tab in the dark blue line at the top, then hi the General Settings Tab, you can change it in there.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    It was quite a shock when I signed on.
    I had to go "Back" in my browser and then click New Posts again. It caught me off guard.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I was alarmed at first, but figured out how to change back to the previous color scheme.

The white background was/is hard on my eyes
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I changed mine back.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I had to go "Back" in my browser and then click New Posts again. It caught me off guard.
    You can click this link: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...do=editoptions

Then scroll down to near the bottom and set the "Forum Skin" to whatever you choose. The blue version is Defensive Carry v2.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Great job!!!! I think the website looks amazing and the new design is fresh, modern and very stylish. A++
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    Great job!!!! I think the website looks amazing and the new design is fresh, modern and very stylish. A++
    Thank you very much. Just like this community it's a team effort. We do appreciate the feedback (both positive and negative)

Edit: BTW, where at in Costa Rica are you? I spent a lot of time down in Quepos/Manuel Antonio there and hope to go back, and possibly have a second home one day there. Loved it! Just hard to get the locals to fix stuff in a timely manner :)

Damn Tico Time :)

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I like it! The colors are easier on my eyes.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Actually, I found the version we just transitioned from to be easier on my eyes. The stark white background is a little harder on my eyes.
    I fully agree 110% The new color scheme is way harder on the eyes. It is significantly more uncomfortable to read now.

Is this the default color scheme? Or was a decision made to go with the white background?

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Hi bunker, click on the "Forum Actions" tab in the dark blue line at the top, then hi the General Settings Tab, you can change it in there.
    Thanks much Hiram for sharing these instructions. I was about to go blind.

It was like someone flushing the toilet while you are in the shower. Quite a shock. Especially while nursing a Migraine.

Well, it is never boring around here. Good work to Bumper and all the admin and moderators.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Yes, I reset back to the original look. Although the V2 isn't bad, it's a bit bright for me.

As before, my concern is the advertising. It's A-OK to greet the viewer with the wall of banner ads on the first log-in, or visit, whatever the "landing page" experience is. Thereafter, during a viewing session, while browsing topics, the user should not have to "scroll down" a full page to clear the banners.

No other website I know slaps the user in the face like this. Slows down reading, is irritating, and sort of by default starts making the user hate the advertisers. There's an art to these things, people. Softly, softly, catchee monkey. This is massive overkill. Tone it down and scale it back a tad.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I like it! The white is easier on my eyes, it provides more contrast for reading. And I don't need to scroll down as far to get past all the sponsors. That's nice, too.
    I just wish you could hold the mouse over a thread and read the first few lines like other vb boards.

I agree, it's a nice change and easy to navigate. I really like the "TapTalk" capability too..

Two thumbs up!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I'm one of the old guys and dislike change. But I can live with it. My biggest concern is the Banners display. In the past I felt I had a good position with my A&G Custom Gun Leather Banner, now I don't even see the banner.

Every once in a while I see it in the upper right corner for a few seconds.

Just don't understand why the change.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links