Defensive Carry banner

New Look for Forum.......

9K views 95 replies 77 participants last post by  borglyn 
#1 ·
I like it. This is the best run firearms web page bar none. It is the easiest to navigate on and the most professionally monitored. Thank you and keep up the great work. :35:

OS

#33 ·
I was alarmed at first, but figured out how to change back to the previous color scheme.

The white background was/is hard on my eyes

#36 ·
Great job!!!! I think the website looks amazing and the new design is fresh, modern and very stylish. A++

#37 ·
Thank you very much. Just like this community it's a team effort. We do appreciate the feedback (both positive and negative)

Edit: BTW, where at in Costa Rica are you? I spent a lot of time down in Quepos/Manuel Antonio there and hope to go back, and possibly have a second home one day there. Loved it! Just hard to get the locals to fix stuff in a timely manner :)

Damn Tico Time :)

#41 ·
It was like someone flushing the toilet while you are in the shower. Quite a shock. Especially while nursing a Migraine.

Well, it is never boring around here. Good work to Bumper and all the admin and moderators.

#42 ·
Yes, I reset back to the original look. Although the V2 isn't bad, it's a bit bright for me.

As before, my concern is the advertising. It's A-OK to greet the viewer with the wall of banner ads on the first log-in, or visit, whatever the "landing page" experience is. Thereafter, during a viewing session, while browsing topics, the user should not have to "scroll down" a full page to clear the banners.

No other website I know slaps the user in the face like this. Slows down reading, is irritating, and sort of by default starts making the user hate the advertisers. There's an art to these things, people. Softly, softly, catchee monkey. This is massive overkill. Tone it down and scale it back a tad.

#43 ·
I like it! The white is easier on my eyes, it provides more contrast for reading. And I don't need to scroll down as far to get past all the sponsors. That's nice, too.
I just wish you could hold the mouse over a thread and read the first few lines like other vb boards.

#45 ·
I'm one of the old guys and dislike change. But I can live with it. My biggest concern is the Banners display. In the past I felt I had a good position with my A&G Custom Gun Leather Banner, now I don't even see the banner.

Every once in a while I see it in the upper right corner for a few seconds.

Just don't understand why the change.

#50 ·
I had to switch back to the old "skin"! I liked the new look, but the bright white was just too harsh on my old eyes! A more subdued tone would be much better!:yup:

#54 ·
REALLY like it...easy on the eyes. Also I think the ads "stick out" better.

#55 · (Edited)
The "look" is fine - I really don't care one way or the other.

I _AM_ noticing, though, an annoying delay in response to my attempts to page down or up, or to hit "back".
Is there a new server, or did someone remove one of the power plugs?
=====================================
In case you wonder if it's my connection...

I'm on FIOS, with a 25/25 connection. This slowness is new.

#58 ·
I'm not a fan of the white background, but the rest looks great to me. This has been and continues to be the best run forum I've found.

Keep up the good work, and, THANK YOU!

#59 ·
If you liked the previous look better you can switch back to it. I just did and it was like what I expect it will feel like when we move back to Tennessee. Just like coming home. Much easier on my eyes. I have one eye that is a little light sensitive and the white background was really starting to bug that eye.

Just go to the top and find "Forum Actions" and click it. Then go to general settings and scroll down to skins. Pick the DC Interim skin. That's the one just before this new blue/white scheme.

#62 ·
I've said it before and I will say it again, Thank You to Bumper and all the Mods and Admins who make this site possible every day. It is by far, the best gun forum on the internet.

#67 ·
Hey Sarge, don't forget you can change back to the old skin if you prefer it. Click here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Then scroll down and look for Forum Skin. V2 is the new version, but you can use the old version if you like it better. Just trying to offer you a choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.