Payment Returned?? Donation To DC.com Policy Changing??

Payment Returned?? Donation To DC.com Policy Changing??

This is a discussion on Payment Returned?? Donation To DC.com Policy Changing?? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I've been a site supporter for a while now and just received the following emails from Paypal................. #1) R**** W**** just sent you a refund. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Payment Returned?? Donation To DC.com Policy Changing??

VIP Member

Question Payment Returned?? Donation To DC.com Policy Changing??

I've been a site supporter for a while now and just received the following emails from Paypal.................

#1) R**** W**** just sent you a refund.

#2) You will not be billed for this subscription again.

What gives??
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Distinguished Member
    My email from PayPal says:
    Note from merchant
    Please cancel your subscription and re-set it if still interested in contributing to the forum. I no longer own the forum. Regards, Bumper
    1. Thanks, Bumper for running a great place. I wish you the best in whatever you turn your hand to next.
    2. How do I cancel my current subscription? I'd like to do my part for the transition.
    3. How do I start a new subscription?

GM
    Bumper, if you do not longer own DC I would appreciate very much if you please could tell asap who does it. Good luck in the future and thank you for creating DC!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Administrator
    DefensiveCarry was recently taken over by The New World Order.

That elusive & evasive slippery eel "Bumper The Jackal" has finally been captured and is now wasting away in solitary confinement (exact remote location unknown) somewhere in Argentina.

NOTE: The forum is no longer accepting contributions in the form of worthless U.S. Dollars.

Please contribute using ONLY International Monetary Exchange Units or.....Carbon Offset Credits.

Members who continue to contribute to the forum will play an integral part in our recently implemented Earth Wealth Even-Distribution For Total Fairness program.

From this point forward you will be tagged as a Contributing World Citizen rather than the now defunct title...Contributing Member.

BTW:
    Members can no longer use unique or creative forum names.
    You will all be given consecutive numbers based solely on your forum join date.

You MUST commit that number to memory.

Since we are all now exactly equal...everyone will now get 6 red stars under their new forum number.

Your future children will all be given an automatic forum number and will be born with 6 red stars genetically implanted into their DNA strand.

Your continued support is much appreciated and all members that willingly sacrifice will receive a completely painless R.F.I.D. implant that will allow you an extra portion of Beans, Flour, & Rice at any one of the new Citizen Minimum Sustenance Replenishment Centers.

You will also receive 6 free Compact Fluorescent Light-bulbs (regularly priced at 3 Monetary Exchange Units)
    Very soon they will be the legal mandatory replacements for your energy wasting incandescent bulbs.
    So...that is quite a sweet deal.

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE!

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Bumper, if you do not longer own DC I would appreciate very much if you please could tell asap who does it. Good luck in the future and thank you for creating DC!
    zacii likes this.

That's it, I quit! Only kiddin! Good luck Bumper and thanks for your service!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Administrator
    Nice! Are you trying to scare everyone off? Kidding. Thanks for the laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    DefensiveCarry was recently taken over by The New World Order.

That elusive & evasive slippery eel "Bumper The Jackal" has finally been captured and is now wasting away in solitary confinement (exact remote location unknown) somewhere in Argentina.

NOTE: The forum is no longer accepting contributions in the form of worthless U.S. Dollars.

Please contribute using ONLY International Monetary Exchange Units or.....Carbon Offset Credits.

Members who continue to contribute to the forum will play an integral part in our recently implemented Earth Wealth Even-Distribution For Total Fairness program.

From this point forward you will be tagged as a Contributing World Citizen rather than the now defunct title...Contributing Member.

BTW:
    Members can no longer use unique or creative forum names.
    You will all be given consecutive numbers based solely on your forum join date.

You MUST commit that number to memory.

Since we are all now exactly equal...everyone will now get 6 red stars under their new forum number.

Your future children will all be given an automatic forum number and will be born with 6 red stars genetically implanted into their DNA strand.

Your continued support is much appreciated and all members that willingly sacrifice will receive a completely painless R.F.I.D. implant that will allow you an extra portion of Beans, Flour, & Rice at any one of the new Citizen Minimum Sustenance Replenishment Centers.

You will also receive 6 free Compact Fluorescent Light-bulbs (regularly priced at 3 Monetary Exchange Units)
    Very soon they will be the legal mandatory replacements for your energy wasting incandescent bulbs.
    So...that is quite a sweet deal.

WELCOME TO THE FUTURE!
    XD Sub-Compact .40
    XDm Compact .40
    Ruger LCP
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bman505 View Post
    Nice! Are you trying to scare everyone off? Kidding. Thanks for the laugh!
    OP, above is our new owner.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Actually, I still want to donate to the forum in "worthless US dollars", now that our dollar is trading higher than yours!

So, do we re-sign up to continue doing so?
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Administrator
    hmmm, let me check and see what the issues are first. I will get back to you one this. Thank you for wanting to contribute your "worthless US Dollars" to this great forum. :)
    XD Sub-Compact .40
    XDm Compact .40
    Ruger LCP
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

Administrator
    On a more serious note I should add that the new Admin are a few great guys that are fellow gun owners as well as computer folks.

I know that we always have a steady influx of new members and older, established members who are constantly returning to DefensiveCarry whenever they can get back here.

Some members that have returned after having been gone for a short while may have missed the initial introduction.

I'm certain that they are seeing things looking quite different & can click on the link and read their introduction page.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...reat-site.html
    FYI - Bumper is still present and accounted for.
    The Moderators are the same bunch of people. The forum already has some upgrades & newly added features.

Technical improvements will continue and DefensiveCarry has already been moved to a new & faster server.

Our primary focus & our important reasons for existing on the web will not change.

Absolutely we have always had the BEST, most friendly, helpful, & knowledgable member base of any Internet firearm forum.
    I truly believe that.

Your new support and your continued support of DefensiveCarry is every bit as valued and appreciated as before.

Your thoughtful contribution will help to guarantee that we'll all be here as a close knit Internet community for (hopefully) many years yet to come.

Stay Safe, Healthy, & Happy & help out if you are able to do so.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    I've been a site supporter for a while now and just received the following emails from Paypal.................

#1) R**** W**** just sent you a refund.

#2) You will not be billed for this subscription again.

What gives??

When we took over the site, we had to change everything bumper had over to us. This including paypal info and email address. If you wish to support the forum and donate, all of the info is up to date. If any of you wish to cancel your current subscription and donate to the new forum, that is completely up to you. We thank every one of you that make up this great board and any donation to us is very much appreciated.
    XD Sub-Compact .40
    XDm Compact .40
    Ruger LCP
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

I hope they still take duckets
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

DC Founder
    I was the one that triggered the message, GunnyBunny. As I receive notices by email that someone has donated I have been going into PayPal, canceling the donation, returning the funds with the message in PackerBackerToo's post, above. I believe when the donation is canceled that the subscription is canceled as well but encourage each of you to go into your PayPal account and find out for sure. To re-establish a new subscription, as bman505 said, just take the donation link at the top of the page. Donations are an important part of keeping a forum up and running regardless of who owns it. If you enjoy the forum consider donating.

Dang, QK, you weren't supposed to tell everyone so much detail about what is going one....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member
    Thanks, Bumper.

Based on your post above, I poked around in PayPal and eventually stumbled upon the subscription and was able to cancel it. I just needed to click on the "Details" of a payment and was given the option to cancel. I've never noticed the option there before, but I don't use PayPal much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links