Request For The New Owners

This is a discussion on Request For The New Owners within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Just wanted to see if there's any chance that we could get a second option for the "New Posts" search. One that would NOT include ...

Thread: Request For The New Owners

Just wanted to see if there's any chance that we could get a second option for the "New Posts" search. One that would NOT include the "New members introduce yourself" sub forum?

Just did a "New Posts" search and out of 5 pages and 89 posts there were 63 posts welcoming new users.

Not against welcoming new users, but I don't see the need to know who is doing it every time.

At least if not the ability to eliminate the new user welcome sub forum maybe get 40 or 50 threads listed per page with the "New Posts" search?

Thanks for keeping up the good fight.

So Great and Powerful Admin, any change on getting an option to defeat the flying monkeys of many posts and few per page?

Grab that lever and give it a tug and help out an old curmudgeon out.

Distinguished Member
    Last edited by PackerBackerToo; March 23rd, 2011 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Correct my word choice.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBackerToo View Post
    Thanks! I tried something similar a while back and it didn't work, looks like the vb update repaired it. I changed it a bit to get just the new since last visit instead of the whole day. I changed it to http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...ost&exclude=46 and it seems to work. Will know when I check it again tomorrow.

Thanks again for the lead.

Now to get more than 20 threads per page in the results.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Now to get more than 20 threads per page in the results.
    I think what you are looking for is: "Settings>General Settings>Thread Display Options"

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBackerToo View Post
    I think what you are looking for is: "Settings>General Settings>Thread Display Options"
    I wish that did work for the results of a search but it only works inside a thread. For searches it still does the 20 topics per page. One can still hope though. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links