Customized DC Forum Products?

Customized DC Forum Products?

This is a discussion on Customized DC Forum Products? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I have been a member of this great Forum for a while and I think it is one, if not the best, Forums on the ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By buckeye .45
  • 2 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Customized DC Forum Products?

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar

Question Customized DC Forum Products?

I have been a member of this great Forum for a while and I think it is one, if not the best, Forums on the Internet for everything concerning firearms, knives, tactical gear and related topics. Nonetheless, I am shocked that, as far as I'm concerned, there are or have been no customized DC products for sale among members. I am currently a member of a Forum in Germany called "Tactical Forum" and they are nuts about selling among their members customized products with the Forum logo. It is awesome! So far, they have sold the following products: velcro patches and stickers with the Forum logo, customized membership card, customized Fox 40 Classic rescue whistles, a custom knife and sheath by Spec-Ops, an engraved Zippo lighter and an engraved Böker Plus Vox Access Tool.

Therefore, I think that here at DC we could be able to do even more cool stuff since we have a lot more members, we have tons of amazing sponsors and there are so many fantastic tactical gear suppliers in the US to work with. For example: we could work with Mil-Spec Monkey on designing a customized velcro patch, with Tuff-Products on a customized Maglett pouch, with 5.11 for customized apparel, with a custom holster manufacturer on a custom leather holster, with any of the awesome US knife manufacturers (Tops, Ontario, Kershaw, CRKT, Spyderco, etc.) to come up with a customized fixed or folding blade knife exclusively for DC members or among many other wonderful ideas.

What do you guys think?
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Administrator
    You might be onto something here. Lets start off with the small things first. How many members would be up for a:

T-Shirt lets say $20
    Hat lets say $20 as well
    That would be shipped to you at that price.

Any takers? Let me know what you guys think and if we get enough inquiries, I might move forward with it.
    XD Sub-Compact .40
    XDm Compact .40
    Ruger LCP
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

VIP Member
    Not a big fan of hats or t-shirts but a DC logoed coffee mug would be nice.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Once upon a time I believe there was such merchandise, I seem to recall mugs, stickers, mousepads and the like. Maybe some clothing items too. But I also seem to recall that it was a rather shot lived venture.

Kinda hard to be the grey man when your shirt says "Defensive Carry" across the back.
    jwhite75 and WHEC724 like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

GM
    I think I’ll pass.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I could go for a nice range bag with DC on it.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

DC thong,I'll need an X-small
    QKShooter and WHEC724 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

DC Founder
    Actually, we had a store that carried hats, tshirts, sweatshirts, patches, patches, magnets, mousepads, coffee cups and a lot of other "stuff". It was up for about 3 years and I could count on two hands how many individual items we sold and I bout most of them myself. The problem is that we are a concealed carry forum and most of our members carry and don't want anyone else to know it. Wearing logo items of this forum, most people felt, would "blow their cover". I don't agree or disagree with that but can understand other people avoiding most items.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Administrator
    We have a lot more Open Carry people now that don't have any cover to blow. Yuk Yuk
    The coffee mugs were great though. I use mine nearly every day. It's nice and big.
    They were DC logo items though....and it's not the same logo anymore.
    bman will hafta buy us mods all new mugs at Christmas time. rolf.

The stuff sold before I agree its hard to keep stealth with them, but i agree withOP in some sense, custom edition knives, multi tools, etc would be very cool. (Spyderco, etc have been some companies that participate) The stuff would be custom and only available to members here, and be in some configuration not available elsewhere. Like a knife with GITD handles, special blade etc. EDC forums does this on a regular basis and what they do is put out a feeler thread for those interested and have a group order before antyhing is purchased, and is sent directly to the buyer. Be a great way for our sponsors to get some of their stuff in to our grubby little mitts for very little marketing costs. Then possibly return customers later.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I like this idea. I would probably go for a coffee cup.

My only difficulty would be locating it if there were a sign up. Where would this most likely be located?

JD
    Administrator
    I drink from mine every Saturday morning.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    The stuff sold before I agree its hard to keep stealth with them, but i agree withOP in some sense, custom edition knives, multi tools, etc would be very cool.
    I know m1911.org has a branded folding knives and Pocketsmith multitools. Granted those particular items are specific to 1911s (the pocketsmith is designed for working on 1911s and the knife uses 1911 grips), but something along those lines would be neat.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I drink from mine every Saturday morning.

I still drink from mine every morning. The cups were oversized and good for "filling up" before heading for the deck for my morning coffee....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    I have mug envy.

Links