Smilies, Where Did They Go?

This is a discussion on Smilies, Where Did They Go? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Mentioned in another thread...the smilies appear in the edit, but not the final post....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Smilies, Where Did They Go?

Mentioned in another thread...the smilies appear in the edit, but not the final post.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    Smilies are for poor writers, the illiterate, and people with zero taste. They are the province of the classless, cheap-jack yahoos, cramp-wit rubes, and toothless red-neck nitnoids. I see you use a stupid smilie dealie doodle, I write you off.

Next time you find yourself searching for some animated Wal-Mart happy face bouncing and jiggling about like a figment of some epileptic's gran mal delusion, remember that you are tattooing on your forehead, "I am a dadblamed idiot."

Just sayin'.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Wow! Shockwave went deep. Here I thought it was just a statement by the admins. No more happiness until Nobama is booted out in 2012. ;-)
    Last edited by bigdog44; May 16th, 2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Mis spell
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Administrator
    shockwave

For such a well spoken and literate individual you did not comprehend forum rule #4 too very well. See Bold/Italic below. I replaced your rule violation with dadblamed.

4. As a family-friendly forum, we ask that you keep your language clean, exactly as we hope you would when addressing respected elders. Creative workarounds (the use of special characters to replace some letters) on language are not allowed. Violators of this rule will be warned once; those repeatedly breaking this rule will have their accounts permanently revoked.
    NOTE: Links to off site material will be held to our family-friendly standard, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Smilies are for poor writers, the illiterate, and people with zero taste. They are the province of the classless, cheap-jack yahoos, cramp-wit rubes, and toothless red-neck nitnoids. I see you use a stupid smilie dealie doodle, I write you off.

Next time you find yourself searching for some animated Wal-Mart happy face bouncing and jiggling about like a figment of some epileptic's gran mal delusion, remember that you are tattooing on your forehead, "I am a dadblamed idiot."

Just sayin'.

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    Dear OKShooter:

I replaced your rule violation with dadblamed.
    Understood. All boards have their own distinct normative cultural practices. Here, I violated one of them with a sneak attempt to circumvent the auto-censor and you are blameless in having Bowdlerized my text. No foul.

Yet, I would invite you to explore your rationale of emending text you deem to be un-"family-friendly" on a board that allows expression of such sentiments as "kill 'em all." I see no intervention, mod-wise, in comments that exhort the execution of bad guys, and per George Carlin and Frank Zappa's oft-observed remarks, there's something quite disturbing in the practice of sanctioning the concept of killing people, but prohibiting language that refers to the all-too-human act of making love.

Something to ponder, no?
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I must say that I am sadly disappointed. There are many things in addition to smilies that can lower ones opinion of others.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Administrator
    Yes, but NOW your most recent post is Off Topic to this thread which is titled "Where Did The Smilies Go?"

Let's keep the discussion on the malfunctioning gifs and how tasteless, illiterate, classless, and idiotic all of us "tattooed on the forehead" rube-like members are (myself included) for using those horrifically debasing low-life Smilies.

And right now...you can't be absolutely certain as if I'm serious or just "pulling your leg" because the Smilies are not working.

You'll just have to assume that I'm "joshing you" since I've not given you a PM warning or any infraction points for thread hi-jacking.

" Yet, I would invite you to explore your rationale of emending text you deem to be un-"family-friendly" on a board that allows expression of such sentiments as "kill 'em all. blah blah blah"

I don't recall having recently tightened the chains that are holding you here/keeping you held captive on DC should you have personal "issues" with the way things are run here.
    I'm certain that we all sincerely apologize for occasionally "flying in the face" of your impeccable logic.
    Logically speaking though...It would be wise to remember that nothing much in the way of anything positive is ever gained by insulting and denigrating multitudes of people that you have chosen to associate with.
    Often it's just better to lighten up.
    If there are things here that you just can't seem to tolerate...please be reminded that our open door always swings in two directions and you're free to leave at any time. Just try not to make a big show of it.
    It never impresses the forum moderators & it just makes extra work for us that we need to delete.

Dear OKShooter:

Understood. All boards have their own distinct normative cultural practices. Here, I violated one of them with a sneak attempt to circumvent the auto-censor and you are blameless in having Bowdlerized my text. No foul.

Yet, I would invite you to explore your rationale of emending text you deem to be un-"family-friendly" on a board that allows expression of such sentiments as "kill 'em all." I see no intervention, mod-wise, in comments that exhort the execution of bad guys, and per George Carlin and Frank Zappa's oft-observed remarks, there's something quite disturbing in the practice of sanctioning the concept of killing people, but prohibiting language that refers to the all-too-human act of making love.

Something to ponder, no?

VIP Member

Just sayin'.
    I'm sorry you feel that way.

I find the smiles to be amusing.

Smilies are silly, at worst. But an idiot reveals himself with slang and profanity.

Sent from my phone
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Administrator
    Lets see if they are working now.
    XD Sub-Compact .40
    XDm Compact .40
    Ruger LCP
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

VIP Member
    Thank you, Bman. It's good to smile again.

VIP Member
    Thanks Bman. Ah cain't wate too use them smillies agin.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Just sayin'.
    Hey shockwave...........

Just sayin'.
    And you sir, are a pompous twit!

Now, back to the original subject--I'm glad to learn that it wasn't something wrong with my computer, and also glad that the smilies are back. And while I have numerous tats, none are on my forehead, my thesis advisor and degree review committee many years ago did not consider me a poor writer nor illiterate, and while I have many friends who are "rednecks" and proud of it, I have no idea what a "cheap jack yahoo" or "cramp wit rube" is. Ya, dangling participle or whatever, but so what--this is a fun forum, not a dissertation contest.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I'm only getting about half of the smiles on my phone, using tapatalk.

Sent from my phone
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links