Other sites?

This is a discussion on Other sites? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; How many other sites do the new site owners/operators run also? Yes I'm nosey :)...

Thread: Other sites?

Other sites?

How many other sites do the new site owners/operators run also? Yes I'm nosey :)
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    You would need to open a new thread in:
    Forum News, Feedback, Problems, Comments & Probably None Of Your Business.

Well I was considering becoming a donating contributor, but after such an evasive answer, I'll keep my $ in my own pocket. If I'm going to donate to the cause, I don't think it's unreasonable to inquire as to the affiliations of those receiving said donation.

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

From another website that was recently purchased....

We own a handful of other gun sites like xdtalk.com, coltforum.com, defensivecarry.com, hkpro.com, handgunforum.net, smithandwessonforums.com and a few others. The name of our company is Forum Foundry and we have been in the forum business for many years.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhamrichard View Post
    Well I was considering becoming a donating contributor, but after such an evasive answer, I'll keep my $ in my own pocket. If I'm going to donate to the cause, I don't think it's unreasonable to inquire as to the affiliations of those receiving said donation.
    Agreed

Is there a way to donate other than using anti gun Pay Pal?

The owners are great guys, I'm an Smod on several of their Android based Forums and an Admin on One of them as well.
    They are very Pro-Gun as well.

Just my .02 :D

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    The owners are great guys, I'm an Smod on several of their Android based Forums and an Admin on One of them as well.
    They are very Pro-Gun as well.

Just my .02 :D
    Some individuals associated with Pay Pal may be pro gun but unless it has changed lately Pay Pal per se is anti and will not process payments for items identifiable as gun related. If this is incorrect please advise.

Either way, is there a way to contribute to DC without using Pay Pal?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin3840 View Post
    Some individuals associated with Pay Pal may be pro gun but unless it has changed lately Pay Pal per se is anti and will not process payments for items identifiable as gun related. If this is incorrect please advise.

Either way, is there a way to contribute to DC without using Pay Pal?
    It's partially incorrect:

PayPal's policy has always been as such:

We don’t allow PayPal members to buy or sell any kind of firearm, whether it’s in working order or not. The same goes for certain firearm parts and ammunition.

For example, using PayPal, you can’t buy or sell:

Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.
    Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.
    Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.
    I've used PayPal on so many firearms related (Clearly identified as such) that I've lost count, and so far I have not yet spontaneously combusted or had a payment not go through.

For donation information/questions, contact Bman505.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhamrichard View Post
    You obviously don't know QKShooter very well. It's called humor. Some people simply aren't able to recognize it anymore....

Honestly, I believe that the reason PayPal doesn't allow firearms related transactions is because of the bad press and lawsuits they would get if some idiot bought a gun through PayPal and committed a crime with it. People would immediately jump all over them and it would be BIG news. The reason, though, that I originally chose to use PayPal for donations is that it is so easy to set up the account, money is immediately available and, most of all, they take the smallest "cut" of any of the other transaction processors I have found. And, I never had a problem with them of any kind....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    You obviously don't know QKShooter very well. It's called humor. Some people simply aren't able to recognize it anymore....
    Your correct, I do not know QKShooter on a personal level. I asked a direct straightforward question, and expected an answer in kind. My own personal sense of humor is of epic proportion, but a simple question is deserving of a simple answer. Perhaps it was only me that perceived the response in a negative connotation, if that's the case I apologize to QKShooter.

Perhaps I should have asked in a more private fashion. I really am not interested in some sort of banter that serves no purpose, my question has been answered to my satisfaction. Thank you all for your input.

Links