Hard to see hyper-linked text

This is a discussion on Hard to see hyper-linked text within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; It's pretty hard to see text that contains a hyperlink , it used to be a bluer blue and underlined. Can we get this changed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hard to see hyper-linked text

JD [OP]
    Administrator

It's pretty hard to see text that contains a hyperlink, it used to be a bluer blue and underlined. Can we get this changed back?

2. Remove Ads

+1 I second that!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

+2....
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    +3 My old eyes don't work as well as they used to!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

It's pretty had to see text that contains a hyperlink, it used to be a bluer blue and underlined. Can we get this changed back?

Why not do it yourself

Use the bold and underline buttons just like the hyperlink button

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Varmiter View Post
    ......Why not do it yourself

Chris

I often do it (underline and bold) myself, as you suggest. Still, it should not be necessary. A hyperlink should be easily picked up with a quick visual scan.

So I must heartily agree with the OP. The hyperlinks should be made more visible!

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

+4, me too.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    +5, thanks JD
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Varmiter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    It's pretty had to see text that contains a hyperlink, it used to be a bluer blue and underlined. Can we get this changed back?

Why not do it yourself

Chris
    JD is right; hyperlinks shall be clearly distinguishable by default; like it was before.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Would still like to see if this can be addressed.

If I'm missing something please help an old guy out but it seems that two things are blatently obvious to the most casual observer.

First, having the hyperlinks stand out greatly from the body of text is normally a standard in HTML programming and is a given, if the powers to be that can control this can't see it then they are not in the loop enough to see that it is a problem and/or don't care to change it.

Second, JD as a administrator for this forum what are you looking for from us? I doubt if you will find many if any members that prefer the links to be camouflaged in the text. If your looking for numbers to support getting it changed why not do a poll? Another option is to give us the avenue to add our request to yours by giving us an email address or person to PM with this concern.

Help us help you help us!

This is in NO way a slam on you JD, having administered a small small forum myself I know that the amount of behind the scenes labor is huge so thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Would still like to see if this can be addressed.
    I was thinking about this today... again

I find myself editing a lot of posts, to bold and underline hyperlink text.

It is an inconvenience that we previously didn't have to deal with.

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I'm on several forums...some are automatic some are not. I've gotten to where I just do it myself on all of them...it may be redundant on some but because i can't remember...i don't have to go bac to edit them after the fact.

The thing that is obnoxious is the fact that the hyperlinks were always underlined on this site. Any time there was a software upgrade, previously, the hyperlinks were taken care of.

I'm not on several forums, myself. I only frequent three, but all of them use underlined, colored and bold text. That makes it an inconvenient chore to edit only this particular forum.

Even if the color was a bit more contrasting, or more bold, so that the link would stand out. As it is right now, it's really tough to see.

I link to a lot of stories (as I post to in the news frequently)and I'd sure like to see it addressed... I almost always bold and underline my own links...
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links