Not Sure the Counter is Working Correctly?

This is a discussion on Not Sure the Counter is Working Correctly? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Hi, I'm not sure if the counter is accurately counting all of my posts. It seems like that my count should be higher than it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Not Sure the Counter is Working Correctly?

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

Hi,

I'm not sure if the counter is accurately counting all of my posts. It seems like that my count should be higher than it is? Sometimes after I post, it doesn't seem like the counter has accredited appropriately.

Is anyone else having this problem? I might be wrong so I won't say this is happening without a doubt.

Thanks,

Senior Moderator
    Posts that are in the Off Topic and Humour Discussion do not count. If you post a lot there, thats why they arent showing up.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Lead Moderator
    And if we have to move one of your posts to Off Topic, your count can actually go down.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    What it the purpose/intent of logging post count, should I care, is there a prize for posting frequently?
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

It's nothing more than a measure of how much time you waste on the internet:)
    limatunes, Hopyard and JDE101 like this.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    What it the purpose/intent of logging post count, should I care, is there a prize for posting frequently?
    It comes with the bulletin board software. This forum basically does not pay attention to it, it's just an ego thing.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    It comes with the bulletin board software. This forum basically does not pay attention to it, it's just an ego thing.
    +1

I could care less about my count. I am on here every day and I read most of the posts. I just don't see any need to post replies to everything I read. On my home forum I have over 5,000 posts but that is just because I post more there as it is dedicated to the state I live in. I don't get the emphasis some people place on post count. Its not a good indicator of knowledge.

VIP Member
    There is also a minimum number of post you must have before you can post items for sell in the Member Buy, Sell and Trade catagory IIRC.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    As stated above there is nothing "special" about post counts other than you do need a certain number of posts before you can post in buy, sell or trade. This is to keep people from joining just to sell something and then never contributing further to the forum. This is also why we made off topic posts not count. This way people couldn't join, post a lot of "LOL's" to the Off Topic posts and then sell and leave.

Other than that there is absolutely nothing special about post counts OR "likes" for that matter.

The "like" system is nothing more than a way to agree with someone or "like" a post without having to quote the entire thing and say, "I agree."

We think a person's merit speaks for itself and if he/she is a knowledgeable/respectable person they will get that reputation on their own without the help of a bunch of numbers on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    My post count doesn't even come close to measuring it.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Posts that are in the Off Topic and Humour Discussion do not count. If you post a lot there, thats why they arent showing up.
    I didn't know this, I have been posting in Off Topic so it would explain my observations. Thanks for the info! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    And if we have to move one of your posts to Off Topic, your count can actually go down.
    I didn't know this either. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    There is also a minimum number of post you must have before you can post items for sell in the Member Buy, Sell and Trade catagory IIRC.
    It seems like I remember reading this somewhere sometime ago but had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Busted! Ha-ha...

Administrator
    My DC post count carried over from CombatCarry.com before DefensiveCarry.com was hatched. That is why mine is so high.

Senior Moderator
    My DC post count carried over from CombatCarry.com before DefensiveCarry.com was hatched. That is why mine is so high.

My DC post is low from CombatCarry.com before DefensiveCarry.com was hatched because certain Moderators kept deleting my stuff.That is why mine is so low.
    QKShooter likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Yes, but you pulled a "hang tuff" ~ you persevered...and now nobody deletes any of the crap that you post. <~~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links