Notifications

This is a discussion on Notifications within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I have been thinking that lately since there have been a bunch of good threads on here, it would be a nice idea if we ...

Thread: Notifications

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Notifications

I have been thinking that lately since there have been a bunch of good threads on here, it would be a nice idea if we could enable some sort of notifications when a thread we have posted on gets another comment on it. I know we can subscribe to threads, but since we get like notifications it would be nice to see when we get replys to our threads.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

You mean like when you hit the "new posts" button, and it shows you all the threads with recent posts?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    It sounds to me like you mean when some replies to your post using the "Reply" or "Reply with Quote" buttons, then you'd get notified even if you didn't start the thread. Is that what you mean, cause that would be a cool feature. I'm not aware of anything that specific, but will see if I can find something like that. It should be different in that you wouldn't get notified of all the thread activity, just if someone replies to your post. I like it!

Have you tried subscribing to threads using a RSS reader??? RSS is the only way to go IMHO.
    “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” Han Solo

Huh? Configure the subscribed thread options and subscribe by default.

Quote Originally Posted by veraderock View Post
    It sounds to me like you mean when some replies to your post using the "Reply" or "Reply with Quote" buttons, then you'd get notified even if you didn't start the thread. Is that what you mean, cause that would be a cool feature. I'm not aware of anything that specific, but will see if I can find something like that. It should be different in that you wouldn't get notified of all the thread activity, just if someone replies to your post. I like it!
    Exactly! I've wondered if this was possible myself.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."
    Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

I believe that you can configure your settings to automatically subscribe you to a thread in which you have posted. (I know there ought to be a comma in there somewhere, but I don't know where )
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

JD
    Administrator
    Yes, in your options or in "thread tools" you can subscribe to a thread and receive instant updates, daily updates, weekly updates etc. OR no, updates. There is also the receive notification of PM via email option. I was not getting emails notifying me of new PMs until I went in and reset the option to receive them. The same may apply for subscriptions.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I believe that you can configure your settings to automatically subscribe you to a thread in which you have posted. (I know there ought to be a comma in there somewhere, but I don't know where )
    From any thread:

From your account settings:

Administrator
    ^^^That would be correct. Sorry for the late response.
    XD Sub-Compact .40
    XDm Compact .40
    Ruger LCP
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Yes, in your options or in "thread tools" you can subscribe to a thread and receive instant updates, daily updates, weekly updates etc. OR no, updates. There is also the receive notification of PM via email option. I was not getting emails notifying me of new PMs until I went in and reset the option to receive them. The same may apply for subscriptions.
    I just started a thread on this.....I am not getting notifications via email any longer & can't figure out why.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    I just started a thread on this.....I am not getting notifications via email any longer & can't figure out why.
    For whatever reason you need to go in and re-set your settings, I disabled my notifications, saved etc. and then went in and reset them and now I'm getting PM and subscription notifications.

Links