Notifications

This is a discussion on Notifications within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I have been thinking that lately since there have been a bunch of good threads on here, it would be a nice idea if we ...

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Notifications

  1. #1
    Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,786

    Notifications

    I have been thinking that lately since there have been a bunch of good threads on here, it would be a nice idea if we could enable some sort of notifications when a thread we have posted on gets another comment on it. I know we can subscribe to threads, but since we get like notifications it would be nice to see when we get replys to our threads.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Moderator
    Array buckeye .45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,611
    You mean like when you hit the "new posts" button, and it shows you all the threads with recent posts?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

    Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

  4. #3
    Administrator
    Array veraderock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    austin
    Posts
    24
    It sounds to me like you mean when some replies to your post using the "Reply" or "Reply with Quote" buttons, then you'd get notified even if you didn't start the thread. Is that what you mean, cause that would be a cool feature. I'm not aware of anything that specific, but will see if I can find something like that. It should be different in that you wouldn't get notified of all the thread activity, just if someone replies to your post. I like it!

  5. #4
    Member Array Siddhartha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Keizer, Or
    Posts
    93
    Have you tried subscribing to threads using a RSS reader??? RSS is the only way to go IMHO.
    “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” Han Solo

  6. #5
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Huh? Configure the subscribed thread options and subscribe by default.

  7. #6
    Member Array jarhead74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by veraderock View Post
    It sounds to me like you mean when some replies to your post using the "Reply" or "Reply with Quote" buttons, then you'd get notified even if you didn't start the thread. Is that what you mean, cause that would be a cool feature. I'm not aware of anything that specific, but will see if I can find something like that. It should be different in that you wouldn't get notified of all the thread activity, just if someone replies to your post. I like it!
    Exactly! I've wondered if this was possible myself.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."
    Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

  8. #7
    VIP Member Array zacii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    3,749
    I believe that you can configure your settings to automatically subscribe you to a thread in which you have posted. (I know there ought to be a comma in there somewhere, but I don't know where )
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

    "A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

  9. #8
    JD
    JD is online now
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,208
    Yes, in your options or in "thread tools" you can subscribe to a thread and receive instant updates, daily updates, weekly updates etc. OR no, updates. There is also the receive notification of PM via email option. I was not getting emails notifying me of new PMs until I went in and reset the option to receive them. The same may apply for subscriptions.

  10. #9
    JD
    JD is online now
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,208
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I believe that you can configure your settings to automatically subscribe you to a thread in which you have posted. (I know there ought to be a comma in there somewhere, but I don't know where )
    From any thread:





    From your account settings:


  11. #10
    Administrator
    Array bman505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    105
    ^^^That would be correct. Sorry for the late response.
    XD Sub-Compact .40
    XDm Compact .40
    Ruger LCP
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

  12. #11
    Senior Member Array ZX9RCAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Yes, in your options or in "thread tools" you can subscribe to a thread and receive instant updates, daily updates, weekly updates etc. OR no, updates. There is also the receive notification of PM via email option. I was not getting emails notifying me of new PMs until I went in and reset the option to receive them. The same may apply for subscriptions.
    I just started a thread on this.....I am not getting notifications via email any longer & can't figure out why.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

    -Will Rogers

    Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

  13. #12
    JD
    JD is online now
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,208
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    I just started a thread on this.....I am not getting notifications via email any longer & can't figure out why.
    For whatever reason you need to go in and re-set your settings, I disabled my notifications, saved etc. and then went in and reset them and now I'm getting PM and subscription notifications.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •