LOUD Very ANNOYING Advertising in Forums

This is a discussion on LOUD Very ANNOYING Advertising in Forums within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Ads??? There are ads here?...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: LOUD Very ANNOYING Advertising in Forums

Ads??? There are ads here?

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

2. Remove Ads

Just had a Suave Professionals ad hit me. Super loud with no way to turn off sound.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I had my first one yesterday - the dreaded Lysol ad!

No way to turn it off...but it seems to be a ported YouTube video.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    I had my first one yesterday - the dreaded Lysol ad!

No way to turn it off...but it seems to be a ported YouTube video.
    I Went down to the bottom of the page and switched the forum style to "DC Interim". It took away all the sponsors except the ones appearing in the banner across the top of the page. It just keeps you from inadvertently dragging your mouse across an ad and activating the sound on the darned thing.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    I Went down to the bottom of the page and switched the forum style to "DC Interim". It took away all the sponsors except the ones appearing in the banner across the top of the page. It just keeps you from inadvertently dragging your mouse across an ad and activating the sound on the darned thing.
    This Lysol ad didn't require that I even be near it. My cursor never left the top of the page...
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    This Lysol ad didn't require that I even be near it. My cursor never left the top of the page...
    The only ads on my page now are in the banner across the very top and one banner ad at the bottom. There aren't any video ads anywhere.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links