Something bothered me.........

This is a discussion on Something bothered me......... within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; But the thread got closed before I got to express my opinion. This is not about the reason it got closed. Someone posted that in ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Guns and more
  • 1 Post By rstickle

Thread: Something bothered me.........

Something bothered me.........

But the thread got closed before I got to express my opinion.
    This is not about the reason it got closed.

Someone posted that in a forum, censorship is censorship, no matter how it occurs.
    No.
    The forum is private property and you have no right to be heard.
    If you wrote a letter to a newspaper, are they obligated to print it? No.
    Is a TV or radio station obligated to give you a program? No.

Censorship is when the GOVERNMENT says you cannot speak your mind.

We have too often assumed "rights" where there are none.

Thanks.
    SIXTO and RMS like this.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    This fact has been explained to our forum members since the very beginning. And it has also been pointed out that if members don't like the forum rules they are free to leave at any time.

Most of our members have thought this over and have come to like the idea since it has served us well. We have had to remind some people, and help others out the door, but the rules are posted so everyone knows them up front , and can review them at any time.

This policy has allowed us to stay focused on providing a great, family friendly forum where members can find a wealth of information on defensive carry.
    TheGiant likes this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Administrator
    Bumper said it best & this (below) has been on our Forum Rules Page since Day One.
    It's right on the rules page though some have never read it.

A note on FREE SPEECH:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The First Amendment is greatly respected here, as are all other Amendments that the Second Amendment defends.

We are, however, a privately owned venture and as such, your freedom of speech does not grant you a right to post anything you may wish to say on this forum.

These rules are a contract you agree to when you become a member of this forum and members are expected to adhere to them.

Those who err cannot complain about censorship, or a perceived loss of first amendment rights.

If you do not like our rules or feel you cannot follow them, seek out a new venue to frequent, or start your own.

If you feel you can abide by these rules, we hope that you join us on DefensiveCarry.com.
    We invite you to share your expertise and enjoy the camaraderie. "Share what you know, learn what you don't."

If you do not believe you can stay within these rules, please do us all a favor and go elsewhere.

We do not tolerate the intentional breaking of our rules.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This is also posted on the Rules Page:

While these rules cover most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything.
    Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
    Posts that are contrary to the above policies or to the mission of DefensiveCarry.com, or violate our community standards may be edited or deleted at our sole discretion.
    We're a private venture enabled by an all-volunteer staff and forum Administrators and/or Moderators shall make the final decision on what does/does not violate community standards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

I should add that I don't think that one single member has ever been banned from DC because of a thread that we had to close or a post that (for one reason or another) we have had to delete.

What DOES get a member permanently banned from this forum is a rude, ignorant, rant VIA Private Message (usually inclusive of cuss words) to a forum moderator or (after a post or thread has been deleted or edited) a public whining and bitching about a perceived violation of First Amendment RIGHTS.

If you HAVE HAD a post or thread deleted or edited YOU MAY contact a moderator for an explanation and you MAY state your case as to why you believe we made a boo boo in deleting you or editing you.

But, you must make your argument in a civil & respectful manner minus any name calling or personal attacks against moderators and NO ranting.

That WILL get you banned.

ALSO: PLEASE THINK before you ask to be removed from the forum. Make certain that is what you truly want.
    BECAUSE...when you make that request or demand publicly in a post or to a moderator you will be instantly and permanently removed.
    Your "wish" is our command.

We have our valid reasons for doing that & it is in order to prevent POed members from taking vindictive actions with regard to sabotaging multiple posts and threads.

Usually things work out best if you just quietly go away for a while....calm down...chill...& then either come back or just stay away.

Don't burn your bridges if there is a chance that you might want to come back some day.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I completely agree. If you have something to say and for whatever reason the forum won't allow you to post it then post it yourself on your own forum and or blog if not both.

The forum operates inside of a free market. If the forum gets so lofty so as to prevent members from posting on issues that are important to them then said forum will either reconsider on what is appropriate and allow such material or fold under per lack of support. Its not going to be much of a forum with no membership which will translate into no sponsorship. With this being said, there is a checks and balance in place accordingly. No one is forced to be here and you accept the "rules" when you post here. If you don't like the rules then you don't have to post here.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    the whining does need to stop a bit around here. We can't say everything we may want, such as f bombs and the like, but I can get my point across fairly well without em. Others need to learn to do so as well.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    I've already been smacked on the hand twice for bad language. Next time it'll probably be the ol DC paddle. That's ok though because i LIKED it!

I like the rules here. Nice friendly place devoted to WHY we signed up here. Defensive Carry, in case anyone forgot.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Just a snip from Droidforums.net (same owners as here)

Please Note: This is a privately owned forum. We, The Owners and the Moderating Team, reserve the right to accept or decline your membership application, so you are not guaranteed membership and your membership is subject to revocation. We reserve the right to declare what is suitable and what is not on DroidForums.net.

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Links