Annoying trend.

This is a discussion on Annoying trend. within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Should I use my "good" SD .22 ammo for firing warning shots?...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Annoying trend.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Should I use my "good" SD .22 ammo for firing warning shots?
    64zebra likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Just don't tell me that I'm stupid for rocking a CCW sash and badge, while OC'ing an unloaded Hi-Point that's been converted to 22 caliber and the ammo is at home in the safe. It's safest that way.

LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    I'm honestly fine with diverse feedback, even if it is out of bounds from what the OP asked for. It's all just ideas and stirs the pot.

What I do find to be nearly useless is when the OP qualifies their statement along the lines of "if you don't agree with me, don't reply".

Plus, I like buying Glocks.
    ideas and stirring the pot are great, and the only time I have a problem with that is when the OP asks specifically for xyz, and they say I don't need to know about abc or 123, give them what they are looking for, and if you don't have experience with it don't add your idea sux get a Glock instead or you'll get STDs, your dog's hair will fall out, your car won't start, and the fridge will stop working, I think its a big turnoff to new members and people that are actually getting educated on that specific topic
    but like I said earlier.....if they ask for recommendations or opinions on their setup, idea, probable purchase, etc, then stir the pot
    WHEC724 likes this.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Should I use my "good" SD .22 ammo for firing warning shots?
    only if its alternated (in the only magazine you have with you) with FMJ and you're not using a holster
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Yes, you should always twirl your pistol on your finger prior to holstering.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    1911 condition 0, quick clip
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Just don't tell me that I'm stupid for rocking a CCW sash and badge, while OC'ing an unloaded Hi-Point that's been converted to 22 caliber and the ammo is at home in the safe. It's safest that way.
    I won't if your thread is a question about what CCW Sash color to buy. But if you ask me my opinion about CCW Sashes, badges, OC, and unchambered HiPoint .22 carry, look out.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

It's also special when you post something about a particular weapon or ask an opinion about it and it goes like this:

OP: I've got a xxx and it has been great. Anyone else have any experience with them?
    RP: They stink, I'd never trust my life to xxx.
    OP: Oh, you have one and have had issues with it?
    RP: No.
    OP: Oh, you HAD one and it was not trustworthy?
    OP: Oh, you shot one and it was terrible?
    OP: So you had a buddy that had one and he had issues with it?
    OP: ?!?!?!?!?! So where was the experience I asked about?!?!?
    MikeNice likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

It's a forum. Taking the bad with the good is no big deal. It is no problem to recognize and ignore the fluffy posts, the ignorant posts, and the contrary posts. It's the nuggets of wisdom that may be found that makes "forum-ing" worthwhile. I'm really too antiquated in outlook to even be here on DC but it is one of the best run "big" forums out there in Internet-Land and some of its members are the finest, most well-rounded and most knowledgeable shooters. We are also really fortunate to have cool-headed moderators that monitor gratuitous foul language, bad manners, and abusive members yet allow the threads to run as a forum, properly defined. They manage to do this without behaving like a bunch of egomaniac, control freaks. Y'all have seen such moderating on other forums and it ain't pretty.

Besides, this is the only place I can at least sort of keep up with the new stuff. It's for certain that it isn't found in the shooting stuff I keep.

Check one's sensitive feelings at the door and come on in, pull up a chair to the hot stove and dive right into the conversation. Great fun!
    msgt/ret likes this.
    No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    ... your idea sux get a Glock instead or you'll get STDs, your dog's hair will fall out, your car won't start, and the fridge will stop working
    Dude...my friend on the internet knew a guy who this happened to...it was pretty serious. I heard he consulted WebMD who then told him all would be well if he bought a SIG...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I just noticed that the first reply to a poster asking for help was to bash his choice of gun. And a moderator put a like on the basher's post. I guess it is hopeless.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    I just noticed that the first reply to a poster asking for help was to bash his choice of gun. And a moderator put a like on the basher's post. I guess it is hopeless.
    Moderators can't have opinions about guns just like everyone else?

I have no idea what thread or who you are talking about but, as stated, this is a forum where opinions abound and that includes the moderators.

We don't need a running account of everything you think to be a transgression of internet etiquette.. especially vague accounts wherein nothing positive can be done to correct any actual insults, etc.

If it is a breach of forum rules, report the post.

Administrator
    Is it OK if I like the above post?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links