Required Posts to Post in Forsale Post!

This is a discussion on Required Posts to Post in Forsale Post! within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I'm not too impressed with this rule of having 25 posts to post in the forsale/wanted section. Is this really proving to be beneficial? Anyway, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Required Posts to Post in Forsale Post!

I'm not too impressed with this rule of having 25 posts to post in the forsale/wanted section. Is this really proving to be beneficial? Anyway, I'll count this as another post and getting closer!

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GJ44 View Post
    I'm not too impressed with this rule of having 25 posts to post in the forsale/wanted section. Is this really proving to be beneficial? Anyway, I'll count this as another post and getting closer!
    It prevents people from joining just to sell stuff.

If you join and become an active member it wont be an issue. I around 5,000 posts and NEVER thought i would be. This is a great place to learn and easily the most civil and well moderated forum I am a member of.
    Stubborn and oneshot like this.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

GM
    Sorry that you are not too impressed; did you perhaps joined just to sell stuff? IMO it would be better if that number was much higher. And the same rule should apply when trying to buy things.
    oneshot likes this.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

This is the loswest necessary post count I have encountered on a forum to sell stuff. Another forum that I belonged to required 25 posts just to send private messages to other members. I have to echo GM's sentiment.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Perhaps the required post count needs to be raised...

Seriously, it helps to reduce the riff-raff - The main purpose of joining a forum is to allow users the ability to engage in discourse. If a spammer starts posting nonsensically to get through this requirement, the Mods are better able to identify & delete offending accounts.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    It prevents people from joining just to sell stuff.
    JD's response is the correct answer, of course, but this rule came into being not only for that reason but also to give our membership a chance to decide if the sellers, themselves, are someone that they would want to risk buying from. Many of our members do not hesitate to buy from those that are "regulars" but will not deal with those that just pop into the forum, post 25 quick posts and then list something. In reality I should have made the 25 post requirement should be much higher. For the record, this has been the most frequently asked question since I started the forum. Often the one asking the question wasn't interested enough to make the required number of posts.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I think I had more than that with in a couple days. I know I know, I should be working.
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    ...I know I know, I should be working.
    I hear that!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

VIP Member
    Uh... I'm actually 'on hold' right now, so that still counts as working, right?
    Erick46590 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Uh... I'm actually 'on hold' right now, so that still counts as working, right?
    Totally, I think being on this forum is good for business because it makes me want to buy gun stuff which in turn makes me want to make more money which in turn makes the company more money.
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

I've been reading the posts for awhile now. I can say some are entertaining, some people scare me and some articles are informative. Sure, raise the limit when I'm getting close! :)

Actually, I don't plan on selling anything, only buying. I thought it'd be a great place to pick up some used holsters. Oh well, I think this is #18!

I certainly understand doing transactions with only above board folks. I subscribe to several forums and do my research and know who I'm buying from. I have seen many get taken on deals, but the feedback and a seach would have warned them.

Thanks all.....

Did moderators check the post from russia, join date Aug. 2011. He is selling credit cards.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Sorry that you are not too impressed; did you perhaps joined just to sell stuff? IMO it would be better if that number was much higher. And the same rule should apply when trying to buy things.
    Agreed. The minimum number of posts for the for sale section should be at least 100 posts.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    All it does is fill up the active topics section with emotionless copy/pasted 'Welcome to DC!' posts. Post count doesn't mean trustworthiness, people get ripped off by people with 1 post or 5000 posts, it really doesn't do squat - but if it makes you feel better, great.

Legit people will just sell their items somewhere else...

As always, it should be buyer/seller beware - nothing more/nothing less.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links