How to post pictures etc.

This is a discussion on How to post pictures etc. within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; need i a 'how to' post a pic i got a new camera and a new computer. lost all my favorites....i know--nothing is ever truly ...

Thread: How to post pictures etc.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar

How to post pictures etc.

need i a 'how to' post a pic

i got a new camera and a new computer.
    lost all my favorites....i know--nothing is ever truly lost; they are hiding.

anyone who can send me to where its explained, it would be appreciated.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

2. Remove Ads

I'm trying to post some pictures also. This is the only thing I've found so far: BB Code List - DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

As far as I know, you have to upload the pictures from your computer to a photo sharing site. I use Photobucket. Then from Photobucket, you can copy the link to your picture and paste on this site.

The result should look like this....

I just upload from my pc directly to this site.
    I have yet to be attacked by a block of ballistic gelatin but.........

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    You'll start with the 'Image' button on the forum toolbar that appears above the text entry area (if you've set your site 'general settings' to the 'Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing', or if you click on the 'Go Advanced' button below the text area) :

Uploading your photo to a photo sharing site, then linking to the page (Insert Image - From URL) with your photo will show the photo full-size:

Note: if, when copying the photo URL into the 'Insert Image - From URL' box, you get a message that says "Invalid URL", just unclick the 'Retrieve remote file...' check box in that window - it seems that this will happen using Photobucket as your sharing site.

If you choose to upload a photo from your computer, it will show up as a clickable thumbnail image, thusly:
    e dsc05049 1024x768 60.jpg

That's something you can start with. Good luck!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Links