Password memory

This is a discussion on Password memory within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by jdf3834 CONSTANTLY ! And I can't find an email for technical support for this site. It does it on my work and ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Password memory

Quote Originally Posted by jdf3834 View Post
    CONSTANTLY! And I can't find an email for technical support for this site. It does it on my work and home computers. I'm about ready to bail and go somewhere else.
    Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click the link where it says "Contact Us".

2. Remove Ads

GM
    Try the following and see if it helps:

When using Internet Explorer:

1 - Start Internet Explorer
    2 - Click the "Tools" menu at the top of your browser.
    3 - At the top of the window that opens, click on the tab "General"
    4 - If checked, uncheck the box "Delete browsing history on exit"
    5 - Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the window
    6 - Close the browser and start it again

When using Mozilla Firefox:

1 - Make sure that the browsing history is NOT deleted when Firefox is closed: Clear Recent History | How to | Firefox Help
    2 - Make sure that "Private Browsing" is NOT enabled: Private Browsing | How to | Firefox Help
    3 - Close the browser and start it again.

Next time you enter your username and password to log into the forum check the box "Remember me?".
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I use Chrome. Late yesterday, I had this issue. I figured my browser needed reset so I reentered my credentials. When I opened DC today I had the same issue.

I reentered my credentials and checked the "remember me" box closed my browser and reopened. This time it logged me in.

Mike
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Seems that no matter what voo doo dance you do the site is not remembering some of us for log in. Hasn't been an issue until this started yesterday.

Any site staff around and reading this issue?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Seems that no matter what voo doo dance you do the site is not remembering some of us for log in. Hasn't been an issue until this started yesterday.

Any site staff around and reading this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Not having an issues on my end running Mozilla on PC or MAC.

Make sure you guys try logging out, clearing all your cookies etc, and then logging back in. If you want the site to remember your info, make sure the check box is checked on your next manual log-in.
    Yes.

As an update to my above post, I think I did have to log-in once since yesterday, went through the above procedure and have not had to log back in since.

Distinguished Member
    It has been happening to me randomly for about a month on different computers. One runs IE8 the others IE9. It is mostly just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Try the following and see if it helps:

When using Internet Explorer:

1 - Start Internet Explorer
    2 - Click the "Tools" menu at the top of your browser.
    3 - At the top of the window that opens, click on the tab "General"
    4 - If checked, uncheck the box "Delete browsing history on exit"
    5 - Click the "OK" button at the bottom of the window
    6 - Close the browser and start it again

When using Mozilla Firefox:

1 - Make sure that the browsing history is NOT deleted when Firefox is closed: Clear Recent History | How to | Firefox Help
    2 - Make sure that "Private Browsing" is NOT enabled: Private Browsing | How to | Firefox Help
    3 - Close the browser and start it again.

Next time you enter your username and password to log into the forum check the box "Remember me?".
    That's how mine is set up. I have a BS in computer science and have to log back in about 4 times an hour. Since it happens to me on 2 different computers, I figure it's a site issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click the link where it says "Contact Us".
    Thanks. I sent them a note asking them to read this thread.

I'm running on a Mac and using Safari. I have been clicking on the remember me box, and it is still not remembering me when I leave the site. Weird.

I wish they would read this thread. I'm certain as well that it is a site issue. Clearing your history, checking remember me, all that, doesn't work. I've tried different browsers, same thing. I don't change my settings, and nothing was changed on my system yesterday. The site just all of a sudden started behaving like this.

Not a doubt in my mind that it is a site issue that the owners need to look into and fix. I hope it gets looked into soon.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I just experienced this problem today on iPad and on Mabook with Safari. Never had a problem before.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

I use Google Chrome and had to log in a few times in the last month. But not as bad as some here are describing. Chrome tends to keep things in order rather nicely for me. If it does log me out chrome auto fills the field and I just hit log in.

Hope they figure it out.

I'm not having that problem. Just curious, have those of you having the problem recently changed your password to the site?
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I have never had a problem with the "Remember Password" feature of this Forum, but as of the last 10 times I have visited, I've had to re-enter my password. What is going on???

I use a Mac Book Pro and Mozilla Firefox.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Happened just now when I hit the "back" button.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links