Password memory

This is a discussion on Password memory within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by DaRedneck I'm not having that problem. Just curious, have those of you having the problem recently changed your password to the site? ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Password memory

Quote Originally Posted by DaRedneck View Post
    I'm not having that problem. Just curious, have those of you having the problem recently changed your password to the site?
    No! I have changed not one single thing on my system. Not my password to the site. Not my browser settings, in any way, shape, or form.

As I said, the site just started "forgetting me". Re-checking "remember me" and clearing cookies and browsing history, etc. doesn't help it one little bit.

Every single time I close my browser, reopen it, and open my link to the forum, it puts it back on v2 format, and I have to re-enter my password etc. (It does auto fill when I click on the boxes, but that's it).

I wish someone would fix the forum already.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

Same issues here. Consistently for the last couple days. Each time I log in, I click on remember me. But to no avail.

I figured it would have gotten figured out and fixed by now. Last time this happened was a couple of years ago when Bumper was doing some system changes or something. Not sure what the problem is this time.

It's definitely frustrating.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I no longer see the subscribe to this thread button....have not for some time. Is this in another location? Ahhh haaa found it, in the go advanced selection. Oooopps. And darn it, I like to blame Obamaconomy for these type of frustrations.
    Bark'n likes this.
    S&W 640-3

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Chalk me up as another sufferer of this non problem.

Maybe if someone says the word Jesus, someone will tune in to this thread and pay attention.

Administrator
    I will look into this and let you know if there is an issue!
    XD Sub-Compact .40
    XDm Compact .40
    Ruger LCP
    Kimber Ultra Carry II

Quote Originally Posted by jdf3834 View Post
    Maybe if someone says the word Jesus, someone will tune in to this thread and pay attention.
    I don't think that the admins will show favoritism to those with Hispanic first names but I may be wrong.
    21bubba likes this.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    I don't think that the admins will show favoritism to those with Hispanic first names but I may be wrong.
    That's got to be the funniest post in a long time.

I find if I hop on my left leg while using my right hand to rub my head in a counter clockwise circle with my lucky rabbit foot duktaped to my monitor while mumbling the DC forum login incantation I stay logged in,if I restart my computer I gotta relog in.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I find if I hop on my left leg while using my right hand to rub my head in a counter clockwise circle with my lucky rabbit foot duktaped to my monitor while mumbling the DC forum login incantation I stay logged in,if I restart my computer I gotta relog in.
    I'm having good luck so far with entering my nick and password with a sharpie.

Having the same issue here. Been bugging the hell out of me. There is definitely a problem with the forum as I have never had this happen before.

Using Safari.

Administrator
    In this thread if I click "Thread Tools" -> Subscribe to Thread it's there.. sow hich one is missing me?

And I'm not having a hard time logging in... so that ones strange.

One more voice to add about DC not 'remembering' me.

I run Firefox and have almost never had to log back into DC if I didn't deliberately log out, even after a reboot.

Current example: I logged in to DC around 6:30 MST this morning, and left it running. Came home tonight, and had to sign back in again. So the forum is logging me out or otherwise disconnecting me in something less than 12 hours.

I've changed no setting, tools, options over the past several weeks, and this problem started about the beginning of this week (8/1, maybe 7/31). It's not fatal, but it sure is annoying.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

PM
    Just had it! Hit the refresh button and it came up with me logged in!?! Do not know what the heck it happening.

Add me to the list... Running two different versions of Ubuntu with Firefox as the browser on both (three systems, two versions of the OS). Started a few days ago.

It'll remember me for a while... then it will forget. Where it gets me the most is when I click on a link in a message, and it takes me to the OP with an ad under it. If I log in, close the tab and click on the link, it'll take me to the right spot.

Interestingly enough, around the same time, the "new post" links started acting wonky as well. Usually it'll take me to the newest post, but often it'll take me to some other random post in the thread. All new posts from that point forward will link me to the same 'old' post that the first one linked me to. Particularly frustrating on really active threads... I have to go to the top of the page, click on the "last" page link (sometimes I'm a couple pages back), then try to find the new post on that page. Since there may be a few more posts than the one I should have been linked to, this can take a bit.

Hope this helps...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links