Password memory - Page 4

Password memory

This is a discussion on Password memory within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Deleting cookies and logging back in using the above procedure fixes the problem 95% of the time. It's almost always cookie related........

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Password memory

DC Founder
    Deleting cookies and logging back in using the above procedure fixes the problem 95% of the time. It's almost always cookie related.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Deleting cookies and logging back in using the above procedure fixes the problem 95% of the time. It's almost always cookie related.....
    I tried that the other day. Seems mighty strange that about this many people on the forum are all of a sudden having the same problem, all using different platforms and OS's. I don't think it's cookie related this time.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I think that the cookies are invalid somehow. Like they're dated wrong or something. I've cleared my cookies and saved sessions, and the behavior didn't change...

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    You fixed something didn't you? Working fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    You fixed something didn't you? Working fine now.
    No, they haven't fixed it yet.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    No, they haven't fixed it yet.
    Confirmed.

The problem is intermittent. Sometimes I can go a couple of days without having to log in again, sometimes it's less than an hour...

Yes, Firefox.

I use firefox as well, but this is the only forum that I have an issue with.

It's like calling Colt or Taurus customer service..........

This is getting really old. Please take our word for it that something is awry. Please address it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    It's like calling Colt or Taurus customer service..........

This is getting really old. Please take our word for it that something is awry. Please address it.
    Maybe you should demand a full refund on your membership fees.

Just because they aren't giving 15 minute status updates on the issue doesn't mean their not looking in to it. Knock on wood, my log in problem seems to be worked out after I did the steps mentioned in post #9 twice. Log out of the forum, clear ALL of the cookies for defensivecarry.com and then quit the browser. Relaunch the browser and log back in the defensivecarry. It's been solid for me going on 2 days now without a mystery logout.

I'm running firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Knock on wood, my log in problem seems to be worked out after I did the steps mentioned in post #9 twice. Log out of the forum, clear ALL of the cookies for defensivecarry.com and then quit the browser. Relaunch the browser and log back in the defensivecarry. It's been solid for me going on 2 days now without a mystery logout.

I'm running firefox.
    I've done that three times. Each time deleting cookies farther back in time. So far it's not working. I'm on Firefox as well.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I heard ya the first time! LOL

I don't understand what you mean by deleted cookies further back in time each time. You have to delete all of the cookies from year zero on. Under preferences, then privacy, then show cookies, then scroll down to defensivecarry.com click one on it to select it and hit the delete key. Don't turn the little arrow down that is to the left of defensivecarry.com, just delete the whole thing. That's how it worked on my Mac anyway. Don't forget to sign out of DC first before you do that too. Then shut down Firefox and restart it and go for the gold.

Success!

Thanks, NC Bullseye!

I went a roundabout way to get to the cookies, but it seems to have worked.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Maybe you should demand a full refund on your membership fees.

Just because they aren't giving 15 minute status updates on the issue doesn't mean their not looking in to it. Knock on wood, my log in problem seems to be worked out after I did the steps mentioned in post #9 twice. Log out of the forum, clear ALL of the cookies for defensivecarry.com and then quit the browser. Relaunch the browser and log back in the defensivecarry. It's been solid for me going on 2 days now without a mystery logout.

I'm running firefox.
    Hey thanks, Bullseye! That seemed to work. I deleted cookie "from beginning of time" twice, closed the browser and logged back in and it seems to have worked.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I didn't delete any additional cookies, but my browser on my main laptop remembered me this morning... I had cleared them before (completely) and it forgot me again after that (previously).

Could the server date have been wrong when setting cookies? Of course, this has been intermittent... I'll update the thread in a couple of days if it's been clean, sooner if it gives me a hiccup again :)

Thanks!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links