Password memory

This is a discussion on Password memory within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Anyone else having a problem with the site or your browser remembering the password and automatically logging you into the forum all of a sudden? ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Password memory

Password memory

Anyone else having a problem with the site or your browser remembering the password and automatically logging you into the forum all of a sudden?

I use Mozilla. Have a shortcut on my Favorites Bar to the forum. It usually always just logs me right on with no problem, but now it comes up not logged on, and showing the forum in the v2 format when I usually keep it in the DC Interim format.

I haven't changed anything on my system at all that would have caused the change. So I wonder if the forum owners have been playing with the system and others are having this problem also.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I still suffer with IE9, but haven't experienced that particular problem.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I am having the same problem with IE8

VIP Member
    I experience the same problem from time to time with this forum and others, and across browser platforms.

I just sign in again and move on.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I usually never use the log out button. I just close my browser. Next time I open my browser and click on the forum shortcut on my favorites bar, it just brings it up logged in. However, not anymore. If I close the browser, reopen and open the forum, it comes up in v2 format and not logged in.

Using Windows XP and oops, sorry not using Mozilla, using Google Chrome.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Anyone else having a problem with the site or your browser remembering the password and automatically logging you into the forum all of a sudden?

I use Mozilla. Have a shortcut on my Favorites Bar to the forum. It usually always just logs me right on with no problem, but now it comes up not logged on, and showing the forum in the v2 format when I usually keep it in the DC Interim format.

I haven't changed anything on my system at all that would have caused the change. So I wonder if the forum owners have been playing with the system and others are having this problem also.
    CONSTANTLY! And I can't find an email for technical support for this site. It does it on my work and home computers. I'm about ready to bail and go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by jdf3834 View Post
    CONSTANTLY! And I can't find an email for technical support for this site. It does it on my work and home computers. I'm about ready to bail and go somewhere else.
    Well this is the first time I've had this type of problem with it ever. It's definitely no reason to bail and go somewhere else. IMO this is the best forum of it's kind on the web. Usually if there's a problem with the forum, if you post it here, someone will give you a fix or answer. If it's something that the forum owners have done, they will usually pipe in with a resolution.

That's what I'm hoping for because it's not logical for this to all of a sudden happen without my changing anything.

Hang in there jdf3834.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I noticed this problem recently as well. I use Camino most of the time (based on Mozzila, It is only for Mac) but also use Google Chrome on some of my computers. Both seem to have the issue. In fact, Camino has been placing my password in my username field.. strange.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

JD
    Administrator
    Not having an issues on my end running Mozilla on PC or MAC.

Make sure you guys try logging out, clearing all your cookies etc, and then logging back in. If you want the site to remember your info, make sure the check box is checked on your next manual log-in.

JUST got on like 5minutes ago and i was wondering the same thing, i have DC on my favorites bar on Mozilla also. Every time I get on the internet, its one of the first things I click, almost always have the forum up.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

same problems here, thought it was just me....
    S&W 640-3

Ditto... and I'm getting this every other post and have to leave and log in again.

The following errors occurred with your submission

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Your system probably purged a cookie. Enter your info again & it will likely retain it.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I got it once today on Firefox on a Mac. My computer stores most login information, so it was a bit odd to have it not come up.

It happened after I changed the style of the forum and signed on on my iPhone, but I am not sure which, if either, caused it. My battery is almost dead (calibrating it), so I might mess around tomorrow to see if one of those things caused it.

They did something on the forum today. It forgot who I was today for the first time in many months. Just had to sign back in.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links