Being a "Friend." - Page 2

Being a "Friend."

This is a discussion on Being a "Friend." within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; What's Facebook?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Being a "Friend."

What's Facebook?
    Dadsnugun likes this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

JD
    Administrator
    You can also set your PM settings only to receive PMs from "Friends"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    It's just one of those Internet forum "things" kinda like Face Book friends that aren't really your friends (in the traditional definition of the word "friend") but, you try to get as many as you can so that you look popular to everybody else in the world that you don't know personally and who don't really care anyway.

That is why my profile page states: NOT ACCEPTING "FRIEND" REQUESTS AT THIS TIME.

On this forum I'm best guessing that it just means that another member respects or likes your posts or thinks that you are of a "like" mind.
    You don't have to lend them money or try and stop them from driving drunk or....let them sleep on your couch when their "significant other" boots them out of the house.

So...if you want DC friends...go for it.

^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But in the every day world, to me, the definition of a friend is, (forgive me for not remembering who said it)

A friend is someone who's willing to be at your side, when they could be anywhere else.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Please explain the above. What does it mean, etc... .? Thanks.
    A buddy will help you move, a friend will help you move a body.

wmhawth likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    It means that when I misjudge how much gas I got in my bikes gas tank,I can make a call and have somebody show up with a gallon,It also means that when they need help that no matter how inconvenient it might be I remember they brought me gas,instead of saying I'm watching a movie try to find somebody else.
    Nice.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    What's Facebook?
    You don't want to know.
    scgunlover1 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links