Being a "Friend."

This is a discussion on Being a "Friend." within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Please explain the above. What does it mean, etc... .? Thanks....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Being a "Friend."

Being a "Friend."

Please explain the above. What does it mean, etc... .? Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

It varies from friend to friend..... Sorry, but that's been my experience.
    joker1 likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Some say, " a friend in need is a friend in deed " and I say, " a friend in need is a pest." I know that's not nice !!
    jackson85746 likes this.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Please explain the above. What does it mean, etc... .? Thanks.
    What is the context??
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Since this is in forum feedback, I will guess you are referring to the friend's list on here. I'm not sure it serves any extra function or purpose, aside from sometimes making it easier to find someone to shoot them a PM.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

If you're a he and your friend is a she it means you ain't getting any.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

You are obligated to invite everyone on your "Friends" list over for free beer and BBQ at least once a week
    Anubis likes this.

It means that when I misjudge how much gas I got in my bikes gas tank,I can make a call and have somebody show up with a gallon,It also means that when they need help that no matter how inconvenient it might be I remember they brought me gas,instead of saying I'm watching a movie try to find somebody else.
    Dadsnugun likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Unconditional love and support. I have a couple (male and female). I feel very lucky and I NEVER take advantage of that even though it would be easy. I simply value the friendship too much! jmho ;-)

The question has to do with this forum. Someone has asked for me to be a friend and I simply want to know what that means!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    The question has to do with this forum. Someone has asked for me to be a friend and I simply want to know what that means!
    Probably means that they agree with alot of things you post. duh. Funny, I thought your question went alot deeper...D'oh.
    Just accept it and be glad you have one!

You Philly boys? Im glad I left there in 1992 (3rd and wolf st)

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I think he is referring to a "Friend" request within his profile page?
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Administrator
    It's just one of those Internet forum "things" kinda like Face Book friends that aren't really your friends (in the traditional definition of the word "friend") but, you try to get as many as you can so that you look popular to everybody else in the world that you don't know personally and who don't really care anyway.

That is why my profile page states: NOT ACCEPTING "FRIEND" REQUESTS AT THIS TIME.

On this forum I'm best guessing that it just means that another member respects or likes your posts or thinks that you are of a "like" mind.
    You don't have to lend them money or try and stop them from driving drunk or....let them sleep on your couch when their "significant other" boots them out of the house.

So...if you want DC friends...go for it.
    Philly Boy and oneshot like this.

In my world there friends and buddies...... If a friend calls and says "I'm in trouble" I grab a half dozen items from the gun safe and head his way, if a buddy does the same, I'll have some questions, and may end up saying "good luck with that". I have a number of buddies I would take a can of gas to, pick up drunk at a bar etc; but just a couple friends.

One of my favourite jokes.......What is the difference between a buddy and a friend????

A buddy will come bail you out of jail.

A friend will be sitting on the bunk next to you saying "Damn that was fun"!!!
    Philly Boy and AZJD1968 like this.

I miss having friends. Had a bunch when I was younger. True friendship is loyalty, respect, understanding and accepting that person...faults and all. Too bad those that I called friends apparently didn't feel the same. Especially my so-called best friend of 15 years. Borrowed a measely $500 from me. Lied to his wife about it ...by telling her I made up the story. I believe it was to pay off a gambling debt that he had also hid from his wife. Guy was a compulsive liar...story teller. But I accepted his faults...never thought he'd turn on me after 15 years for $500. Guess that all nearly 2 decades of friendship was worth to him. He turned a lot of our mutual friends against me as well. I was single, aloof...he was married, kids, house. Looking back it's clear they all judged one another (and me) on possessions and "status". Sad.

Now..everyone is an acquaintance. I'm loyal to a fault. I just don't waste it on anyone anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links