I can no longer switch to the old interface (DC Interim) - Page 6

I can no longer switch to the old interface (DC Interim)

This is a discussion on I can no longer switch to the old interface (DC Interim) within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I'd still rather have the forum fixed. The firefox add on is a bandaid. That and it's one more thing I will have to set ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: I can no longer switch to the old interface (DC Interim)

I'd still rather have the forum fixed. The firefox add on is a bandaid.

That and it's one more thing I will have to set up again after my winter mindwipe and reload - my laptop gets used for work, so I end up with a lot of disorganized crud floating around that no amount of cleaning and defragging fixes. Format, reinstall everything from the last clean install image, install the new programs & updates since then, make a new image...
    TN_Mike and BaconHunter like this.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconHunter View Post
    For those browsing with Firefox check out the "Color That Site!" plugin. It allows you to adjust the colors by site. If you fool around with it along enough, you can look at the forums again without going blind.

I did this, but still cannot see where I can adjust things.
    Is it once I'm in DC or is it on the Mozzilla toolbar somewhere????

Feel like a dummy.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    I'd still rather have the forum fixed. The firefox add on is a bandaid.

That and it's one more thing I will have to set up again after my winter mindwipe and reload - my laptop gets used for work, so I end up with a lot of disorganized crud floating around that no amount of cleaning and defragging fixes. Format, reinstall everything from the last clean install image, install the new programs & updates since then, make a new image...
    The forum is not "broken", interim after all does mean temporary so it should not be that big of a surprise that the temporary skin is not longer available.

If members really want to provide some good feedback for the staff regarding this matter, perhaps someone should start a poll asking the member base what their thoughts on the matter are....but please, keep the comments/questions in a realistic manner, some of the commentary in this thread....

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    The forum is not "broken", interim after all does mean temporary so it should not be that big of a surprise that the temporary skin is not longer available.

If members really want to provide some good feedback for the staff regarding this matter, perhaps someone should start a poll asking the member base what their thoughts on the matter are....but please, keep the comments/questions in a realistic manner, some of the commentary in this thread....
    Poll started, now for the ad campaign.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    I did this, but still cannot see where I can adjust things.
    Is it once I'm in DC or is it on the Mozzilla toolbar somewhere????

Feel like a dummy.
    Open DC and then open Color that site. Once it opens you will be able to see how to fool around with the colors. It's fairly easy to change the colors but does take some time to get them just the way you want them.

When you install color that site make sure to have it put an icon in the status bar. Easier to open it that way when you are on the site you want to change.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links