Chevy ad & tracking bugs.....

This is a discussion on Chevy ad & tracking bugs..... within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I'm not very smart about computers, but I do know that about 4 days ago, my computer shut down while I was on this site, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Chevy ad & tracking bugs.....

I'm not very smart about computers, but I do know that about 4 days ago, my computer shut down while I was on this site, picked up a worm that was asking for info to pay for computer virus protection. Needless to say, I did not bite, could do nothing at all on the computer, it's in for repairs now. I had Trend anti-virus software which didn't stop the worm. Their going to install Viper anti-virus when unit is repaired. Very upset, now have to go to the library to use a computer. Don.t know if I would be smart to come back to this site on my home computer after it's fixed, hate having to spend money because of this kind of BS. Rather spend it on guns!! Also the anti-virus protection does nothing for you if you get a virus, oh well too bad, too sad.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    The ads on this site are starting to be a bit much. Never minded the block of 12 or so up top. Now they line the sides, bottom, middle. Not to mention the popups.

Is there a way to have them removed? Contributing for instance.
    AdBlock Plus and Ghostery if you are using Firefox.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sureshot1 View Post
    I'm not very smart about computers, but I do know that about 4 days ago, my computer shut down while I was on this site, picked up a worm that was asking for info to pay for computer virus protection. Needless to say, I did not bite, could do nothing at all on the computer, it's in for repairs now. I had Trend anti-virus software which didn't stop the worm. Their going to install Viper anti-virus when unit is repaired. Very upset, now have to go to the library to use a computer. Don.t know if I would be smart to come back to this site on my home computer after it's fixed, hate having to spend money because of this kind of BS. Rather spend it on guns!! Also the anti-virus protection does nothing for you if you get a virus, oh well too bad, too sad.
    Sorry that happened to you. I too almost had to take my machine in for repair. It was just luck that I managed to dig my way out.

I am still uncertain if I have gotten rid of the garbage or if something is hidden that my particular anti-virus programs are not picking up.

And I'm not looking forward to installing a third program.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Firefox --- adblock plug in..... problem solved
    Ditto
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I don't blame this site for viruses or anything. I think its the internet in general.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Firefox --- adblock plug in..... problem solved
    Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    AdBlock Plus and Ghostery if you are using Firefox.
    Yep, and I will ad the best add on to Firefox I have found yet, noscript. It is awesome. You have to click to allow every new site you go to but since I installed it, I have not gotten a single virus or tracking cookie or anything else. It kills it all.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Yep, and I will ad the best add on to Firefox I have found yet, noscript. It is awesome. You have to click to allow every new site you go to but since I installed it, I have not gotten a single virus or tracking cookie or anything else. It kills it all.
    Thanks for that, looking into it now.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

The "Win7 2012" trojan comes in through ad packages that are on the site. I used to be an admin on a popular snowmobile site, and we had the same problem. Firefox, along with adblock plus will cover your behind. The only issue is it will also block certain features of the site as well. I had to disable adblock while posting a photo this morning, and it hit me (the trojan). You can eliminate the issue yourself, it's rather simple.

Added some more blocking capability, made sure pop ups were blocked, and tightened up the security a bit. Now , what I get is " Attempted attack to PC was blocked".
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Do my eyes deceive me?
    It looks like the bright white has been toned down a bit.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Do my eyes deceive me?
    It looks like the bright white has been toned down a bit.
    Not near enough.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Well, the CHEVY ad is back, and it still appears only when coming to this site.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links