Chevy ad & tracking bugs.....

This is a discussion on Chevy ad & tracking bugs..... within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; A while back, when I logged on .... it began popping up Chevy Ads every time I logged on, and still does. It really drags ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Chevy ad & tracking bugs.....

Chevy ad & tracking bugs.....

A while back, when I logged on .... it began popping up Chevy Ads every time I logged on, and still does. It really drags down the log on. I also commonly run scans, and each time I was going to a new post, etc.... or logged on, I get tracking bugs now. So, I ran scans before logging on , and then after, to see if they were really coming from logging on to here. Every time, it picks up 2 of them.

What's the deal ? and... are you aware of it ?
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

2. Remove Ads

The ads on this site are starting to be a bit much. Never minded the block of 12 or so up top. Now they line the sides, bottom, middle. Not to mention the popups.

Is there a way to have them removed? Contributing for instance.
    marcclarke likes this.

Start by logging out, deleting your cookies. then logging back in again.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Start by logging out, deleting your cookies. then logging back in again.
    That won't do anything. Once I've been on, I do a washer program that cleans out all temp files, window temp files, the cache, all cookies and all other junk. Another, will erase even any empty files and do a PC check, and then I run a scan.

When I just came to the sight, I didn't even have to log on .... to get a pop up advertisement. Since I just ran the scan, I'm betting if I run it again I'll have a couple of tracking files.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I have never had a problem with ads on Defensive Carry. I have spybot search and destroy and spyware blaster along with AVG and have never had a problem like that. Hope it does not start because I posted on here. We will see.

I don't get popups on this site, just ads that appear to be directed at me...most likely thru cookies that track my interests. For instance...I see a cabela's ad right not on the top banner. It was something else yesterday but last night I was googling cabela's so I guess the banner ad is up for me.

Non of it appears to bog me down.

I'm on my wife's computer, so all the ads are for dress shops.

3D
    FWIW I spent 3+ hours with McAfee getting rid of a Trojan I picked up from this site. (yeah I'm sure it was this site).

Sad to say but Eagleks's protocal is the only way I visit and leave this site.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Honestly honey...I got it from a toilet seat.

Firefox --- adblock plug in..... problem solved
    TN_Mike and RKflorida like this.

OP - what browser are you using? If its Firefox or Chrome there are good ways to stop from being tracked everywhere you go on the internet. If you're using Internet Explorer - get Firefox or Chrome. If you have any questions about how to secure your browser or stop being tracked, PM me. I work in Information Security, so I do this kinda stuff every day.

OpJ

I've ran Malware, Skybot, Norton full system scans, and the whole bit ...... then came onto only this site....

IT ONLY appears when I come to this site.... and as soon as I come to the site, without even logging on , this CHEVY AD pops up, and then I can run something..... and it finds 2 tracking files. It does it each and every time. It's as if someone has either hacked it or it was intentionally added to the site link.

It never happens at any other time.
    Hopyard likes this.

VIP Member
    Same problem. But, I get Dodge ads too. Really, I don't mind the ads and I don't mind the tracking so much; there's no free lunch and we are getting value from the site to say nothing of the fact that some of the ads are about useful stuff.

I think it should be a crime to put any program on a third party's computer without individualized specific authorization for each instance. Use of tracking software should be a crime and I think there are some Senators holding hearings on that though I'm uncertain.

I'm still irritated by the malware issue I had to deal with, and all the time I spent cleaning that mess up.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Ive not had this problem as of yet, I use Avast free spy ware very very good anti virus and adaware to kill the bots. You also might want to see if you pop up blocker is on.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    What ads are you guys talking about? (firefox w/ adblock plus and popups turned off)
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links