What's With All The New Administrators?

This is a discussion on What's With All The New Administrators? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I've noticed a lot of those that used to be mods, are now administrators. I've also noticed a new administrator, other than bman505, with a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What's With All The New Administrators?

VIP Member

Question What's With All The New Administrators?

I've noticed a lot of those that used to be mods, are now administrators.

I've also noticed a new administrator, other than bman505, with a low post count.

I am NOT complaining, just curious as to what's happening with our beloved DC.com.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    New ownership, the ForumFoundry people have their people and those people need to be able to work on the forum.

Just as an FYI, the new owners have been pretty hands off as far as day to day operation of the forum, most of their interaction is done through handling sponsorship and the way behind the scenes nuts and bolts issues.

For the most part, it's still the same old people working behind the scenes as far as user issues, post issues, behavior issues etc. are concerned

Senior Moderator
    The new owners wanted the meanest,nastiest,hard headed and mouthy Moderators to be forum bosses.

The competiton was fierce.All the resumes were checked and when the smoke cleared, the background checks were done, they decided on QKShooter and J.D.

Since there were only two positions that were authorized a pay raise, Sixto, Tangle and myself were left out.

Oh well...maybe next time....
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    I would like to take this time to say thank you JD, and to all the moderators. I imagine moderating has challenges and is perhaps frustrating at times. Professionalism and courtesy are hallmarks of the moderators.

Thank you for your hard work and wishing you and your families a wonderful holiday season. You make ours on DC excellent.
    hienykins and Eaglebeak like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    I would like to take this time to say thank you JD, and to all the moderators. I imagine moderating has challenges and is perhaps frustrating at times. Professionalism and courtesy are hallmarks of the moderators.

Thank you for your hard work and wishing you and your families a wonderful holiday season. You make ours on DC excellent.
    Trying to get brownie points ahead of time ? A get out of jail free card ? LOL. It is a pain and takes a lot of time to be a moderator, and they keep things running smoother without the things seen on many other forums. Good job.
    RMS likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Professionalism and courtesy are hallmarks of the moderators.
    Your vocabulary is somewhat limited.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    The new owners wanted the meanest,nastiest,hard headed and mouthy Moderators to be forum bosses.

The competiton was fierce.All the resumes were checked and when the smoke cleared, the background checks were done, they decided on QKShooter and J.D.
    They sure missed their goal, didnt they?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    I heard you were a close third...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I have to admit, when I heard Bumper sold the site I was real worried that this was going to be another packing.org scenario. I'm still not 100% convinced that this kind of thing will not eventually happen, but for the time being I'm at least optimistic.

Congrats to JD and QK for the bump up. Now get to work!! (jk)
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Must be a trend. Another site was sold recently as well.

Good luck to the new owners and the professional and courteous mods and admin.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

I gotta say that for the first time since I joined I have no active infractions,I haven't quit writing the same way,I just tend to proof read before hitting send,and been hitting the delete more,or changing some wording
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Wow....didn't know Bumper sold the site....it's certainly a popular site....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

GM
    Congratulations to JD and QK on your new job!

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Wow....didn't know Bumper sold the site....it's certainly a popular site....
    What planet do you live on!?
    Yes, this is a very popular site; Bumper and the moderators have indeed done a very good job!
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I gotta say that for the first time since I joined I have no active infractions,I haven't quit writing the same way,I just tend to proof read before hitting send,and been hitting the delete more,or changing some wording
    Lol, I suffer the same.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I cant wait until March when my infraction is up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links