Poll - Leave the current DC theme alone, or give some subdueded options - Page 3

Poll - Leave the current DC theme alone, or give some subdueded options

This is a discussion on Poll - Leave the current DC theme alone, or give some subdueded options within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by Sticks 3400 odd active members and only 71 votes? Apathy at it's best. I'm not apathetic. I just don't care....

View Poll Results: Leave the curren DC theme alone, or give some subdued options

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave the current color theme as is

49 44.55%
  • Give at least 2 options for skins.

29 26.36%
  • If it has to be one, use the interim colors.

19 17.27%
  • What, there were options to change the colors?

24 21.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Poll - Leave the current DC theme alone, or give some subdueded options

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    3400 odd active members and only 71 votes?

Apathy at it's best.
    I'm not apathetic. I just don't care.
    357and40 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I think that comparing the apathy of people and the human condition to the color of this thread and people's input therein is a little over the top.
    This may be true. Change your monitor settings. A lot of computers have quick adjust settings built in now. My computer lets me hit two buttons and it dims a bit. No need to search through monitor settings.

I would imagine revising the entire look of this website is no quick task. Despite the complaints we all keep coming back. This will be old news before we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    This may be true. Change your monitor settings. A lot of computers have quick adjust settings built in now. My computer lets me hit two buttons and it dims a bit. No need to search through monitor settings.

I would imagine revising the entire look of this website is no quick task. Despite the complaints we all keep coming back. This will be old news before we know it.
    With the WYSIWYG configurations available with today's technology, I doub't it's any more difficult than changing/customizing the theme on your desktop (title bar, background, foreground, active window, inactive window, font...).
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    3400 odd active members and only 71 votes?

Apathy at it's best.
    Apathy? Nah... It's just as big of a deal as you thought.
    "Just blame Sixto"

When the new scheme first came out I changed mine back to the old scheme because I preferred it but I see that option is now deleted.

I don't really care.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Apathy? Nah... It's just as big of a deal as you thought.
    Given the amount of protest in the other thread when it first happened, I'd have thought there would have been more people wiling to speak out on it.

A big deal to me, only to the point where I really don't like the choice of colors. I would prefer at least one other option and I'll speak out about it. Not one to just shrug and take it like a man. First of the year I'll change my signature back and if we get the options, great. If not, I tried, and this thread will slowly drift into the second page and fade away.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I voted for at least 2 options.

I liked the original color scheme, best. But I had some operating problems with it, so out of necessity I changed to the current theme. I find it too bright, but have gotten used to it.

Ultimately, I don't really care. I'm just glad that we don't have a black background with red text
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Administrator
    In time we will create a new skin with software upgrades. Just creating a new skin isn't easy, but we will continually tweak the one we have to make it as good as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Nines View Post
    In time we will create a new skin with software upgrades. Just creating a new skin isn't easy, but we will continually tweak the one we have to make it as good as possible.
    Thank you!!! Anything to tone it down helps.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Nines View Post

Thanks for the heads up, with that I'm going to close this one up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links