Why are so many people so rude here? - Page 2

Why are so many people so rude here?

This is a discussion on Why are so many people so rude here? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by WfatebB Sadly most of the rude/unhelpful responses I have seen have been from members with over 1k posts, so it is not ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Why are so many people so rude here?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WfatebB View Post
    Sadly most of the rude/unhelpful responses I have seen have been from members with over 1k posts, so it is not necessarily the new blood.
    What I meant by the "new blood" comment was that the new blood starts threads that get lots of attention and not all of the posts are read and moderated, not that the "new bloods" are the ones that are exclusively being rude. Post count means nothing to us here. The rules are the rules and do please report the posts in question. Regardless of post count they will be dealt with if they step over the line.
    My biggest issue is with the large number of posts advising/promoting/encouraging others (usually new carriers) to blatantly disregard the applicable laws b/c they don't feel that particular law is applicable/important for them and their rights are more important that others. I wonder why some even got their CC license to carry as opposed to just carrying without one if they are going to choose not to follow the law, not only to the letter, but also the clear intent.
    This is a huge rule violation. Discussion of illegal activities is one of the quickest ways to get banned here. If you see any posts by anyone encouraging illegal activity, please DO report them.

Quote Originally Posted by natimage View Post
    Let me preface this with the fact that I have learned a ton from people on this forum and many people are very pleasant and helpful. But there seems to be a large quantity of people from total newbies to "Contributing Members" that are terribly rude, especially to new members. If someone posts a message and it's a common question, perhaps help them out and post links to other threads instead of ridiculing them. Telling someone their question is stupid just takes more time than not saying anything, and helps not make you look like a jerk. It's not even little things that people misinterpret, it's the internet, that'll happen. But people being overtly rude and disrespectful...I don't know what it is but I needed to vent because it's really getting out of hand
    Shut up. We don't want to hear it.

I'm kidding, of course. I've had my nose thumped a time or two as well. I think some folks are just a little blunt, and mean no offense. Keep in mind, gun folks are very opinionated and very loyal to our hardware, ammo, and theories. There are a few guys on this forum who make excellent points, are very knowledgeable, and have my respect, but apply all that with a sledgehammer. Just take the horse pill. Even the grouchy ones are good guys.
    natimage and WHEC724 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    I actually think this is one of the most respectful forums I am currently and have ever been on. For the most part I think everyone tries to be helpful but we are all human and have our moments.
    I agree.
    RMS likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    I actually think this is one of the most respectful forums I am currently and have ever been on. For the most part I think everyone tries to be helpful but we are all human and have our moments.
    Seriously, this place is extremely tame.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    If it's a common question then search would be your friend. There is almost a rotating mix of the same questions over and over.
    You would think so, but folks who keep telling others to use search apparently don't use the search function that often, because ive used it more than once to try to find something with no luck that was obviously out there somewhere. If you don't know exactly what to look for, you end up getting a lot of results that have nothing to do what you are looking for.
    jumpwing likes this.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

I think that all in all, it's a pretty civilized and helpful crew around here. When I remind myself to stay on topic and only share that which I know personally, things tend to go well. I get good advice, maybe a smile or two...when I read possibly well-meaning () individuals who take personal pot-shots at me or my lifestyle, the hair on my back bristles, and I tend to snarl and snap a bit before I trot back to my calm, well ordered life. Most around here are safe from that kind of treatment though
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

It's sad that some people are generally rude to begin with and only use public forums to anonymously purvey their general hostility. However, there are many true resident experts here who can sometimes be mistaken for seeming rude simply because their experienced answers are terse and to the point without a lot of extra fluff since they've repeated them so many times in the past.

Instead of suffering any rudeness or ridicule, newbies to any forum should be given a lot of slack and understanding because they've not had time to fully explore the site and become experienced with it's available resources; and it's the responsibility of the more experienced members to respectfully guide and educate newbies toward the site's resources rather than doing them a great injustice by beating them up and running them off.

If one considers the actual definition, every question asked by anyone on this forum is an "ignorant" question because there is no need to ask a question when one already knows the answer (unless one is into rhetorical stuff and enjoys posting for a favorable echo). Ignorance is easily cured by asking questions and learning facts from others who know them. Confusion exists when many answers to questions are given out of equal or greater ignorance. However, "stupid" exists when one fails to heed or learn from the general agreed consensus of fact they've received and continues asking the same related question - and at that point, some degree of rudeness can probably be expected even though it would be more courteous to simply make no further answers or comments.

Now quit whining you bed-wetting moron and go suck your thumb until you're ready to come out and play with the big boys and girls

Sorry, just kidding - my rabid sense of humor just chews through the leash once in awhile and gets loose
    natimage likes this.

Thanks for the clarification - the 'new bloods' explanation does make a lot of sense. Just like in my CHCL class ( and any class for that matter) - there were a handful of 'that guy' who just needed to talk to hear themselves speak - no surprise those aren't the ones I have seen at the range since class.

I'll agree with a few others who opined that this board is, for the most part, fairly friendly. While I just recently subscribed, I've been reading it for close to a year, and while I've seen a few people get harsh, I trust they got some therapy. I can think a a couple of other sites I simply avoid posting on now.
    NRA Lifer Since 1971

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    There used to be a forum whose name I won't mention (mostly because its been so long since it shut down that I forgot its name) that was so bad many of those clowns needed to be taken to the wood shed. If you didn't believe in bashing all cops for anything you were chastised to no end. If you didn't carry the forum preferred gun you were not considered worthy to speak you opinion. It got so bad that it seemed as if it were being run by some real bad militia types. This forum is very civilized and respectful compared to that one.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I've left a couple other forums for that reason, happy to land here.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    One other thing to consider is that some replies (especially mine ) are brief and sometimes seem rude for a reason.

I can't type worth a dam. I have to express myself in as few words as possible. Might come across as rude, I see it as being economical.

If this site seems rude to you I can make you a list of other gun sites you dare not enter.

This post took me over 3 minutes to type. See.
    Rock and Glock, OD* and Harryball like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    There used to be a forum whose name I won't mention (mostly because its been so long since it shut down that I forgot its name) that was so bad many of those clowns needed to be taken to the wood shed. If you didn't believe in bashing all cops for anything you were chastised to no end. If you didn't carry the forum preferred gun you were not considered worthy to speak you opinion. It got so bad that it seemed as if it were being run by some real bad militia types. This forum is very civilized and respectful compared to that one.
    I remember that site very well it used to be one of my favorites until the owner changed the format and as you said it began to seem as if every thread caused a flame war. It was not long after that I found this site and have enjoyed the people and discussions here. Thanks to the mods and the members for making it one of the best forums on the Internet.
    Rock and Glock and RMS like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Some of us just need to get our meds adjusted.
    What? You got a problem with that?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I'm new to posting but I've been lurking for some time now! My only grievance are the users that post negatively about weapons they've never owned, fired, or even seen up close.

I always see threads about Taurus handguns being bad, and you should have got a sig, etc etc.

My favorite are the guys who know a guy who knows a guy who had a friend who new a guy that had an aunt who was friends with a guy on Facebook who knew somebody that had a problem with their Taurus once..

/end of rant

That being said the slide lock on my Taurus pt 100 SNAPPED last Friday at the range. Should have got a sig LOL
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links