Why are so many people so rude here?

This is a discussion on Why are so many people so rude here? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Option 1: Ask a question and risk getting told to "Use the search function, newb!". Option 2: Use the search function and risk responses like ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Why are so many people so rude here?

Option 1:
    Ask a question and risk getting told to "Use the search function, newb!".

Option 2:
    Use the search function and risk responses like "Way to bring up a 2 year old thread, troll!".

The odd thing about this is, it's usually the same people responding like this to both methods. :)

2. Remove Ads

Like any collection of opinions, some are worth listening to, and some are not. There's plenty of good folks here, and some boneheads. Moderating (which I've never done) does not appear to be an exact science. There's a delicate balance between letting the Mongols run unchecked and turning the place into a Siberian prison camp. As others have stated several times above, DC is head and shoulders above most other that I have experienced.

Cheers,
    Herk
    QKShooter likes this.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Really? 77 posts about rude comments?
    Someone needs to get some skin thickener.
    Few and far between are the really obnoxious posts and the mods deal with them.
    Sometimes you have to give people the respect that they don't deserve...just don't get caught up in 'rude stuff'.

"Nuff said...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

What everyone above me said, I concur. Please don't ask about BADGES, and stay out of MALLS
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Option 1:
    Ask a question and risk getting told to "Use the search function, newb!".

Option 2:
    Use the search function and risk responses like "Way to bring up a 2 year old thread, troll!".

The odd thing about this is, it's usually the same people responding like this to both methods. :)
    I know I have made both these comments. Although minus the troll part.

Option 1:
    I try to not the location of the appropriate thread. Such as saying its lower down on page 1. This is just an example.

Option 2:
    This is usually more of a joking fashion. For instance, Who dug this one up?

I see this stuff from people on here, and don't see a big deal. It's not that common, and usual has a degree of merit. It's all about how it is presented if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    If it's a common question then search would be your friend. There is almost a rotating mix of the same questions over and over.
    I have noticed the same. Is there a FAQ and a recommended reading list somewhere on the forum to which we can just post links to the threads where the same (recurring) questions have been posted and answered?

warm fuzzys for sale --- call BR549
    Okemo likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Really? 77 posts about rude comments?
    Someone needs to get some skin thickener.
    Few and far between are the really obnoxious posts and the mods deal with them.
    Sometimes you have to give people the respect that they don't deserve...just don't get caught up in 'rude stuff'.

"Nuff said...
    In my day mom thickened skin with a mixture of yellow soap, tannic acid and alcohol; it cured thin skin and poison ivy too.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

True for many but I have never said something behind someone’s back that I would not say to their face, but then again I have morals and a spine, as many who have chosen to carry do. I think because of this many here may be direct and possibly a bit over bearing at time. Still overall, I think this and many other gun forums are tame, the mods do a great job, and I appreciate all of their hard work....

Thank you Mods.

This is one of the reasons I like the gun related forums and having a debate with others on them. I will occasionally take and argue a stance I do not honestly believe in as it many times leads to new insights and further learning hopefully for all that participate.

In addition, a big thanks to all that make all of this possible.
    This is including all of our great members as well.
    Pat
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    I just checked.

I never asked.

Does that make me Unforgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    I just checked.

I never asked.

Does that make me Unforgiven?
    Yup....
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

I have to say that I have been a member since May.I have learned so much from all the great people on this site. The vast knowledge that is here is priceless. I have been home since March because of a medical issue and have spent hours reading and learning. So many different people from all walks of life and different backgrounds. Once in a while your going to have some difference of opinion and that is what makes it interesting and kind of fun sometimes! Life is to short, get over it. Its like the raido,if you dont like whats playing change the channel. The people that run and moderate this site do an outstanding job.

TC
    marcclarke likes this.

I agree, it's on all forums...but at the same time, it would help if people used punctuation and proper spelling to avoid confusion...that and get thicker skin :)
    21bubba likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pfries View Post
    I will occasionally take and argue a stance I do not honestly believe in as it many times leads to new insights and further learning hopefully for all that participate.

Pat
    Arguing a point that you don't actually support is quintessentially rude. You waste the time of people who take their time to honestly reply to you.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by natimage View Post
    Let me preface this with the fact that I have learned a ton from people on this forum and many people are very pleasant and helpful. But there seems to be a large quantity of people from total newbies to "Contributing Members" that are terribly rude, especially to new members. If someone posts a message and it's a common question, perhaps help them out and post links to other threads instead of ridiculing them. Telling someone their question is stupid just takes more time than not saying anything, and helps not make you look like a jerk. It's not even little things that people misinterpret, it's the internet, that'll happen. But people being overtly rude and disrespectful...I don't know what it is but I needed to vent because it's really getting out of hand
    I have not seen anyone here being overly rude, or at least, what I consider rude.

What I fail to understand is how people nowadays, with the high proliferation of internet use and forums in particular, can come onto a forum and ask a question that they already know is likely common without even the first attempt to use the search feature and do a little of the work themselves.
    Doc8404 likes this.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links