WAVE in wisconsin (they want money to repeal our new CCW)

This is a discussion on WAVE in wisconsin (they want money to repeal our new CCW) within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Just checking my local weather site and an ad pops up for this WAVE (Wisconsin Anti Violence Effort). They need to get their facts right. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MrBuckwheat
  • 1 Post By Eagleks

Thread: WAVE in wisconsin (they want money to repeal our new CCW)

VIP Member

WAVE in wisconsin (they want money to repeal our new CCW)

Just checking my local weather site and an ad pops up for this WAVE (Wisconsin Anti Violence Effort).

They need to get their facts right. Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort

First thing they don't understand is the main rule. If you take away the guns only criminals will have them.
    bandrich likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Thanks MrBuckweat, someone at work told me today he heard on some news cast about this same issue, and some group wanting to repeal the WI CCW.
    But havent been able to find anything on this?

There was a group here , when CC first became legal, to try to "OUT" people in stores, etc. that were carrying.... and to voice "how scared " they were, etc. to the Mgmt and pushing Mgmt ... "YOU ALLOW THEM TO HAVE GUNS IN HERE ? " .

One day, I was at a video store (not carrying at the time), and this guy kept following me around the store. I actually was beginning to think he was 1) totally weird, or 2) gay and trying to meet someone. It was strange. At one point I went up to pay for a couple of movie rentals.... and he starts LOUDLY asking the clerk.... "Do you know he has a gun on him " ... "Do you allow guns in here" .... and all types of comments. It was obvious he wanted to be LOUD and attract as much attention as he could.

The Clerk answered... "yes sir, we allow people with guns in here and I hope if anyone ever tries to rob me I hope some of them are here at the time". He didn't like that answer.

He kept pointing at my waist .... "HE HAS A GUN " .... finally , I pulled up my shirt and asked him ... "you mean this .... it's called a CELL PHONE " .

He was embarrassed, mouth gapping open, and quietly left in disbelief.

My point.... there are IDIOTS out there who might try all types of things to "out" you or to pressure businesses. Pressure them back, and hand any business that posts with a "no guns- no business" card. Amazing how fast that starts to get the point across to businesses and how signs then come back down.

If they want to be a victim, they are welcome to be one.. it's their choice. But, we don't plan to join them in their stupidity. We do have a constitutional "right" to defend ourselves and bear arms.... I have never heard of a consitutional right for them to prevent us from doing it.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

They're barking up the wrong tree, as usual. I would say that these people just need to be educated but from their stance, I can tell that's not a possibility.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Just called my coworker to see where he read this, and he was misinformed, he was talking about the new proposed concealed carry rules.

And I bet those people don't even vote at election time.

Ignorant people are part of the ruination of our Country.

When a CC person saves their life some day, they are the type person that will not even say thank you.

In there printable hand out for people to give to businesses the make the following statement:
    "Nationwide, 80% of businesses prohibit guns on the premises."

That % is nothing but a fabrication. Without any hard data I would venture to say it is more the reverse, try 80% of business allow firearms.

Yet another organization that uses scare tactics, half truths and out right lies to serve their agenda.

And the beat goes on............
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    In there printable hand out for people to give to businesses the make the following statement:

That % is nothing but a fabrication. Without any hard data I would venture to say it is more the reverse, try 80% of business allow firearms.

Yet another organization that uses scare tactics, half truths and out right lies to serve their agenda.

Yes I would agree.

There are 'nuts' everywhere, I'm sure that there are those that want the British to come back, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Here is the Ohio version of WAVE
    The Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

GH
    If the recall election in WI had a different result I'd be more worried. I think that legal licensed concealed carry holders are okay for now. I sincerely hope so.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

"Anti Violence Effort." That's a heck of a euphemism for people ostensibly against predation, preying on innocents and their ability to defend themselves. To paraphrase Ayn Rand, such people are seeking their own destruction, via the destruction of us all.

Task for the evening, boys and girls in such AVE groups: study, learn and appreciate the distinction between "violence" and "defense" against it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    "Reclaim Wisconsin
    Keep loaded, hidden guns out of our shops and restaurants."

Love the logic behind that statement. So would they be happier if everyone open carried? That would freak the anti-gunners out even more everyone open carried.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post

Is this the same fabricated 80% that Hillary Clinton said was the amount of US gun purchases used by Mexican Cartels? 80% seems to be the new anti's favorite statistic. Repeat it often enough and it will be a fact.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    "Reclaim Wisconsin
    Keep loaded, hidden guns out of our shops and restaurants."

Love the logic behind that statement. So would they be happier if everyone open carried? That would freak the anti-gunners out even more everyone open carried.
    They wouldn't mind you OCing as long as the gun wasn't loaded. Read the whole sentence.

Links