Posting inappropriate things

This is a discussion on Posting inappropriate things within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Everything that you post online can come back to bite you. Think about all the dumb things you hear about people getting fired for things ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Posting inappropriate things

Posting inappropriate things

Everything that you post online can come back to bite you. Think about all the dumb things you hear about people getting fired for things they posted on Facebook.

Somebody could be looking for stupid things you say on the Internet, whether it is your future ex wife, competitor, or district attorney/prosecutor.

When this forum set the rules to not post discussions of illegal activity it keeps this forum from degrading to the level of "less than honest". I see that kind of talk on other forums and want this forum to stay forthright, honest and the best.

I don't like to see foul language or talk that could be interpreted as breaking the law.

I have seen several posts that say "concealed is concealed". Different states have different rules but this could be interpretted as attempting to break the law.

So remember what you put on here could be negative to yourself, this forum and concealed carriers as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rock and Glock and msgt/ret like this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

2. Remove Ads

Well said, Master Yoda, well said.

You never know.

People don't realize that what's put online is online forever. It takes very little know-how to track down copies of every webpage ever posted....including this one. It's archived in multiple places.

This isn't government conspiracy stuff, nor does it take special permission to find it. Just the right programing knowledge.

VIP Member
    What you wrote is of course a wise cautionary point, but I think when folks say "concealed means concealed" there are
    two ways that might be taken:

1) LEGAL___ If you are carrying concealed and are legal to do that, keep it concealed unless you are in an open carry state.
    If you are in a state with anti-printing rules, then concealed means concealed, literally. NO printing. No tiny bit of a handle
    showing. It means concealed. Concealed means concealed.

2) ILLEGAL__ We do get participants here who imply that they will go someplace where they may not lawfully carry and
    that there is little risk because "concealed means concealed." These people are indeed using the phrase to imply
    law breaking is OK, and of course those type of comments should be deleted by moderators.

Yoda, since you posted from Texas, where we don't have printing laws but do have a law against intentional display,
    concealed indeed means keep it concealed, so that you don't violate the intentional display law. I see nothing wrong with using
    term that way. OTHO if someone says they'll go in to a 51 establishment because "concealed means concealed," I'd ban such a
    participant in a heart beat if I were boss.

My opinion only, and of course everyone else may have their own, but only the moderators get a final word.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drbald1 View Post
    People don't realize that what's put online is online forever. It takes very little know-how to track down copies of every webpage ever posted....including this one. It's archived in multiple places.

This isn't government conspiracy stuff, nor does it take special permission to find it. Just the right programing knowledge.
    Sad truth here is that no one below retirement age should post anything on the net. You never know when you will
    need a job and your most innocent comment will come back to haunt you. It is sad really.

When the net was still new there were anonymous servers; one ran out of Finland. You could create a user name and
    post from an anonymous server and not get traced. Law enforcement and law suits pretty much put an end to that;
    at least I don't see much about such anymore and wouldn't trust them to not be tools of the FBI and CIA anyhow.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    I may never be rich, but I collected my last paycheck 5 years ago. I'll live off the land before I become someone's employee again.

I says it like I plays it.
    atctimmy, mr.stuart and Mattmann like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    What you wrote is of course a wise cautionary point, but I think when folks say "concealed means concealed" there are
    two ways that might be taken:

1) LEGAL___ If you are carrying concealed and are legal to do that, keep it concealed unless you are in an open carry state.
    If you are in a state with anti-printing rules, then concealed means concealed, literally. NO printing. No tiny bit of a handle
    showing. It means concealed. Concealed means concealed.

2) ILLEGAL__ We do get participants here who imply that they will go someplace where they may not lawfully carry and
    that there is little risk because "concealed means concealed." These people are indeed using the phrase to imply
    law breaking is OK, and of course those type of comments should be deleted by moderators.

Yoda, since you posted from Texas, where we don't have printing laws but do have a law against intentional display,
    concealed indeed means keep it concealed, so that you don't violate the intentional display law. I see nothing wrong with using
    term that way. OTHO if someone says they'll go in to a 51 establishment because "concealed means concealed," I'd ban such a
    participant in a heart beat if I were boss.

My opinion only, and of course everyone else may have their own, but only the moderators get a final word.
    I strongly agree with this post, and in all of the posts I can think of..."concealed means concealed" has always referred to keeping the firearm 'legally concealed' to avoid any conflict or hassle.
    If not, the mods usually jump in and remind someone of not suggesting illegal activity.

If someone believes that illegal activity is being suggested...bring it to the attention of a mod (just in case they missed it...they usually don't).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I appreciate this forum.

I think some people think of it as a "good old boys club" or "what we say in vegas stays in vegas" but that is not the case with the internet.
    .45acpguy likes this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I've never seen anything on this site that would be a problem. Facebook has 500 million users and people post their real names, real pictures, and divulge much more personal information. I believe one should be careful about what he posts on the internet, but your boss isn't going to track your user name on this site.

“Never write when you can talk. Never talk when you can nod. And never put anything in an e-mail.”Eliot Spitzer, (then) Attorney General, New York State.
    Mattmann likes this.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    The only one who listens to everything I say is...Big Brother. The only place under the radar anymore is 6' under...but they can still vote and collect SS. With so many new laws and regs coming out, it's hard to know when what you think or say is cause for indefinite retention. I completely agree with everything everybody says. Is that non-confrontational enough for ya'all NSA family?
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

The one reason I love this forum more than any other I have ever joined is because of this aspect. No foul mouth and trash talking going on just good subjects and reviews!!

Distinguished Member
    There used to be some pretty edgy avatar's that people used but it seems most of them have changed or disappeared. I im'ed one guy several years back about his avatar. I simply shared what's already been said. If you are ever in, God forbid, a shooting incident, that avatar speaks volumes, whether true or not, for the prosecutor.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

VIP Member
    Whats wrong Yoda? I sense a disturbance in the force. Someone find old hard drive? MMMMMMMMMMMM?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links