No More Zimmerman Threads.

This is a discussion on No More Zimmerman Threads. within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I so want to see the editing list for this thread! Where is that popcorn smilie????...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: No More Zimmerman Threads.

I so want to see the editing list for this thread!

Where is that popcorn smilie????
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

Sheesh, I hope we don't end up with 800+ posts in this thread.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Sheesh, I hope we don't end up with 800+ posts in this thread.
    hmmmm.....new goal, guys and gals.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    nvm
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Administrator
    I think that if members check out the forum rules page - you'll see that this (below) has been a part of the forum rules way back & ever since this place was CombatCarry.com.

I think it pretty much covers the Moderation action regarding the Zimmerman threads just based on the sheer number of rule violation edits and deletes in those threads.
    Please remember that the Moderators are here to learn, enjoy, read, teach, etc...also just like our forum members.
    They cannot do that if they are constantly babysitting a Hot Button Issue thread where members simply refuse to abide by our forum rules, cannot control the tone of their respective posts, are flaming other members, are being hotly & rudely argumentative.etc.
    Name Your Poison Pick a rule violation. It was in those threads.

While these rules cover most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything.
    Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
    Posts that are contrary to the above policies or to the mission of DefensiveCarry.com, or violate our community standards may be edited or deleted at our sole discretion. We're a private venture enabled by an all-volunteer staff and forum Administrators and/or Moderators shall make the final decision on what does/does not violate community standards.
    JD, OD*, Bark'n and 3 others like this.

Administrator
    With regard to where you can go to discuss the incident...as was a member question posted above.

A Google search for: The Zimmerman Shooting produced "About 76,900,000 results"

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I think that if members check out the forum rules page - you'll see that this (below) has been a part of the forum rules way back & ever since this place was CombatCarry.com.

I think it pretty much covers the Moderation action regarding the Zimmerman threads just based on the sheer number of rule violation edits and deletes in those threads.
    Please remember that the Moderators are here to learn, enjoy, read, teach, etc...also just like our forum members.
    They cannot do that if they are constantly babysitting a Hot Button Issue thread where members simply refuse to abide by our forum rules, cannot control the tone of their respective posts, are flaming other members, are being hotly & rudely argumentative.etc.
    Name Your Poison Pick a rule violation. It was in those threads.

While these rules cover most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything.
    Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
    Posts that are contrary to the above policies or to the mission of DefensiveCarry.com, or violate our community standards may be edited or deleted at our sole discretion. We're a private venture enabled by an all-volunteer staff and forum Administrators and/or Moderators shall make the final decision on what does/does not violate community standards.

Just one note - some people define "Family Friendly" different. I am sure Sixto defines "Family Friendly" much differenlty than his neighbors do...... Just sayin....

Critical thinking skills really do come in to play here.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    With regard to where you can go to discuss the incident...as was a member question posted above.

A Google search for: The Zimmerman Shooting produced "About 76,900,000 results"
    Holy smoke!
    Inactive US Marine 74-82 . NRA Life Member . GOA Member . Florida CWP holder

...... and what a "hot-button" issue/topic this has evolved into, for the entire country.

As a gun owner and licensed 'carrier' I've actually stayed in the 'background' and just tried to 'absorb' all the information/facts, and lessons-learned from this incident. Certainly not enough facts have been, or can, be disclosed publicly, but more than enough has been 'presented' to formulate an opinion. We ALL have an opinion.........

On the issue of 'why' these posts/threads are 'going away', that has been set forth in plain English (even warnings to keep the discussions 'on track'), and I applaud our mods/admin.'s for keeping this entire forum at the standards that have been set. Bravo Zulu!

One focus I've kept in reading/reviewing as much as I seen/read here, and in the media, is what lessons can I learn from this? We've seen hundreds of threads concerning being in a fight (gunfight or otherwise), how to/what to do during the 'aftermath' of a fight, etc. (The amount of subject material here IS mind-boggling) I have had much of what I've trained for and learned be 'confirmed' WRT to the Zimmerman incident specifically and the handling of it, be it the police handling of the case, or the way this forum’s members and mods/admin have handled the 'onslaught' of info and opinions here. I've also begun to question/challenge a few things I think as well. That's one of the reasons DCC has been such a great forum; questions, answers, sharing of ideas, or just hanging out here and enjoying all that DCC offers.

Of all the 'chaff' I can find online, DCC has managed to keep an even-keel over the years. It's that way because of the moderators/ administrators. If we as members keep it 'good', then 'we' won't need to be 'babysat' during the course of a thread’s discussion.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I thought the information , etc. discussed was good, and I thought the SYG issues.... are "big" when the press, etc. are pushing to get rid of it.

As far as the 'noise' , I guess I just tune it out.

Like to give you one thought though, at least to the most part when it's discussed here, many parts bring up issues on where actions can lead some times, and how things can get twisted after they do. I think that's relevant to us. Any one of us could be unfairly hung by the press if an incident occurred.

thanks for letting us know though.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

+1 on the shut down. The horse was dead and still being beat like it owed money. I think the mods and admins generously let many threads continue that have pretty much run their course. If it isn't hurting anything, no big deal. When you see a string of edits, deletes, warnings, infractions, etc. 6 feet long, then it is time (and likely past time) to shut-r-down and move on. I appreciate the patience and attention that is put towards keeping this a civil forum.
    DMan likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I didn't bother to read or post in any of those threads. I live in central Fl.....nuff said!

edit..........

It was definitely something new for me... I have not been as active in an Internet forum to the extent I have in this one. Thanks for the opportunity and for keeping it civil... At least trying to.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I would like to take a moment to thank our moderators- you do a wonderful job keeping this place as civil as can be expected with all of us here having such strong opinions, and as varied as they are, it's a monster of a job. Thank you.

And, also, how many of you have worked in mental institutions before- you seem to have practice keeping the crazies from killing each other...
    DMan likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links