No More Zimmerman Threads.

This is a discussion on No More Zimmerman Threads. within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I think we need to give the moderators a raise. At least 20 percent increase from their current salary. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: No More Zimmerman Threads.

I think we need to give the moderators a raise. At least 20 percent increase from their current salary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

2. Remove Ads

Well if you want to you can always go else where to discuss it. After many updates that we are hearing on the local news and not on the national news you would be more informed reading post from the locals that are hearing about it 24/7

I think the moderators have done an outstanding job. I must admit I was disappointed to find one closed the other day as I thought I had something fairly significant to add to the discussion that day. But some subjects seem to go beyond logic and reason and after a point it really doesn't matter any more. I think the staff has done an excellent job recognizing when that point has been reached. Perhaps we will eventually be able to discuss it again, but until then there is plenty of other stuff to keep us busy.
    JD, Hopyard and stancehold like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Administrator
    We try to allow threads to stay up as long as possible as long as things stay fairly cool and civil.

Admittedly but, rarely we will do a preemptive strike on a thread topic that we KNOW from many past experiences will head down the same slippery slope.
    A few topics always will...every single time.

mkh
    Can you also ban anymore threads concerning that stupid double barrel 1911?
    Guest1 likes this.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Can you also ban anymore threads concerning that stupid double barrel 1911?
    But, you haven't seen the latest Triple Barrel 1911X3 that they just introduced.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    4 pages to say "no more"

that in and of itself bespeaks a certain oddness
    azchevy and Harryball like this.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    One thing I like about another forum I frequent (that is also well moderated) is that they have a separate forum area called "The Dark Side" that only forum members can access and are allowed to talk about subjects like this and is not viewable by the visitors/guests, and is more or less unmoderated except for extreme violations. It provides a place to put controversial topics, doesn't show up in the new posts area when people post there, and is a very good idea by my opinion.

I believe that it would also be possible to restrict this area to only members that have more than a certain amount of posts...to stop people from joining up only to converse there.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    One thing I like about another forum I frequent (that is also well moderated) is that they have a separate forum area called "The Dark Side" that only forum members can access and are allowed to talk about subjects like this and is not viewable by the visitors/guests, and is more or less unmoderated except for extreme violations. It provides a place to put controversial topics, doesn't show up in the new posts area when people post there, and is a very good idea by my opinion.

I believe that it would also be possible to restrict this area to only members that have more than a certain amount of posts...to stop people from joining up only to converse there.
    I belong to a couple of locale / regional firearm forums and they both have this same thing. It works pretty well and I haven't seen anything directly spill over into the common areas. I say directly because the area still creates a lot of hard feelings and the effects do carry over to the public areas, even if the content doesn't. While a potentially effective way to deal with the problem, I am not so sure that DC would benefit from such a place because of both cultural differences as compared to those other forums and its more national scope with a lot larger member base.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    I don't ever see us deviating from our current stance on:
    9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we DO NOT allow the discussion of these topics.

We also discourage "caliber war" threads and strongly encourage you not to post a thread starting one. Regardless of your level of experience, caliber is a personal preference and what is right for you may not be right for others.

VIP Member
    One of the many things that I like about defensivecarry.com, is that there is no "dark side" (well, other than the Glock dudes).

There are plenty of places to have "dark" discussions. I'm grateful for a place where things are discussed in a civil and professional manner, in the light.
    JD, Dadsnugun and OD* like this.

JD,

In regards to my post today on the forum.

I posted that commentary as a learning tool because I felt it contained some good advice from a credible source as to when to intervene as a concealed permit holder in similar type situations.

I was not looking to start a discussion on the guilt or innocence of Zimmerman.

I apologize for any problems it may have caused.

Regards,

Old School
    Stubborn likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    JD,

In regards to my post today on the forum.

I posted that commentary as a learning tool because I felt it contained some good advice from a credible source as to when to intervene as a concealed permit holder in similar type situations.

I was not looking to start a discussion on the guilt or innocence of Zimmerman.

I apologize for any problems it may have caused.

Regards,

Old School
    No problems. I've merged your thread (minus all the chatter) to this thread:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...tt-suarez.html

FYI I don't mind new articles being brought to light etc, if something is truly noteworthy we can add to a single thread that is closed for commentary but available to be read/reviewed.

If something comes up that isn't just your hourly news update, just send it to me in a PM and I'll add it to the thread.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Thanks, "JD" thats appreciated.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thank you "JD".

Regards,

Ron aka Old School
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links