No More Zimmerman Threads.

This is a discussion on No More Zimmerman Threads. within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Be advised that given the amount of threads that have been closed regarding Zimmerman, any new threads related to this incident will be closed. If ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: No More Zimmerman Threads.

JD [OP]
    Administrator

No More Zimmerman Threads.

Be advised that given the amount of threads that have been closed regarding Zimmerman, any new threads related to this incident will be closed.

If Zimmerman ends up in a court of law, we can discuss the matter as more facts are brought into the light, until then the running around in circles resulting in downward spiraling threads is done.

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Then how come this one is still OPEN
    Just kidding! It was getting a bit too much.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I wish I could feel better about your decision JD. You are the owner of this site and have the ability and right to do that, but some of those threads were good honest discussion that were informative and providing a good sounding board for people that support your board. I agree with your rules, i.e. politics, mud-slinging and the like, but to just shut down a good discussion seems a little like keeping the proletariat in check.
    IDontCare and ericb327 like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Then how come this one is still OPEN
    Just kidding! It was getting a bit too much.
    MAN are you ever right...You should try living down here right now.
    That is all that's on the TV/radio 24/7 There's no escape...except for...uh...ummm...YES!!! Spring Gobbler season opened last Saturday.

My favorite time of year! Six weeks of heaven on earth.
    Chris Dawg and goldmaster like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Agreed............there are updates of this every hour and it effects every member here......what's up with the decision of closing the SYGL discussion also.....if it can't be discussed here.....then where ?

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I wish I could feel better about your decision JD. You are the owner of this site and have the ability and right to do that, but some of those threads were good honest discussion that were informative and providing a good sounding board for people that support your board. I agree with your rules, i.e. politics, mud-slinging and the like, but to just shut down a good discussion seems a little like keeping the proletariat in check.

I am not the owner of this site.

You can make some people happy, all of the time, or all of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all the people happy, all the time...
    And this is one of those times. As for closing a thread to keep things in check, that's exactly what it was and that's the job of the forum staff and when repeated warnings are ignored or just lost in the noise this is what happens.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Agreed............there are updates of this every hour and it effects every member here......what's up with the decision of closing the SYGL discussion also.....if it can't be discussed here.....then where ?
    SYGL is not a prohibited topic, but if people can't keep their posts from including Zimmerman despite being told not to...

This is a pretty easy call, close threads or warn, infract, and straight up ban members that are loosing their composure over a hot button issue. I don't want that, the members don't want that, the staff and owners don't want that.

Well...............this issue, the SYGL and I believe you closed it, if we can't discuss it here.....then please tell us where we can.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Fair enough.
    Thanks for the response.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Glad to see it shelved until we get some more solid info, thanks for all you do JD.
    mano3, OD* and hogdaddy like this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I for one enjoyed it while it stayed on topic but it like any other discussion when they run to long they lose site of the subject.
    you all do a good job and I for one can understand the decision to close it but thanks for letting it run that long

Although some of us may disagree with the decisions, and others of us may agree with it, we do have to recognize that this site is very well run, and the administrators and Mods do all they can to make sure this forum maintains its standards. I have had a thread or two closed, sometimes because the subject was covered, and because others of us decided to start degrading the conversation, if it wasn't for the "rules" and enforcement of them, this place would disintergrate.

Sometimes decisions have to be made for the greater good, even though sometimes it isn't the most popular at the moment.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

VIP Member
    Well done. 700 + posts; three or more threads started. Enough is enough, was enough back around
    300 and I'm as guilty as the next guy for posting stuff that added nothing to the discussion.

It was fun. It was interesting. It was saddening and maddening.

You made the right move.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Well...............this issue, the SYGL and I believe you closed it, if we can't discuss it here.....then please tell us where we can.
    You guys had your chance to discuss SYGL in the closed thread, but were unable to follow simple directions to keep a thread on the topic of the legislation and not Zimmerman.

To properly illustrate the point.

Well.....Sharpton the antagonist is now there.........told ya, they always gotta play the Race Card......Sad that this is what it always comes down to.
    Not the facts or let the investigation carry on it's course by the professionals.....but Federal Investigators, Constitutional Rights Are Violated and the All Mighty Race Card...........what a show.

Let justice prevail.............
    bolocanolo, I do remember those riots well, it was nasty.

I like Lisa Steele's commentary on defending self-defense. It's very possible that the law itself is in the way -- if it's truly self-defense, then even without the stand your ground law people should be able to get a fair and square say at trial. And if it's truly not self-defense, then when the facts come out and a jury deems someone guilty of manslaughter or worse, then the law did it's job.

What if Z is acquitted? Then we may well have some humongous riots, and here's the deal with that: the cause of those riots need to rest squarely on the shoulders of every media pundit that fanned these flames, on the shoulders of any person with notoriety that has made it a point to get on television and mouth off about the injustice of it all, and on the shoulders of the sheep that followed them. I'll protect myself and my family.

I cannot tell you how much I despise our media. Loaded language in on-air reports and in print, biased attitudes that don't even grasp their own peril at stake, a pure profit motive when it comes to 'reporting' the news. It's sickening. The right to a free press and the right to free speech and the right to keep and bear arms ..... are all heavy rights that we Americans share with almost no one else in the world. And with great freedom comes great responsibility. The media is not responsible, nor held accountable for their actions. If Z is found guilty of manslaughter, then he was not responsible with his freedom and should be held accountable. And if he is held accountable, then even the pro-gun guys like us should stand up and shout 'hallelujah': the system works just as it should.

So much is at stake, and even the media doesn't understand the great risk they're taking by pushing for gun bans, more gun restrictions, tighter gun control. With that little freedom out of the way, who's to say the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press cannot also become more restricted, under tighter control and in many cases outright banned? But they press on, trying Z, trying the SyG law, trying the state of Florida as a bunch of hicks and hooligans -- never mind that more than half of our population came here from the midwest and northeast, we could not possibly be as refined and educated as those that still live in the frozen North.

Our media is at fault here. This needs to play out, and if it does play out the media MUST be held accountable in how they report on it, how they present the FACTS.
    I mostly agree..........but this case should not be swayed....IMO.... by media bias, racial bias, federal governmental bias or the threat of civil unrest unless they get what they want.
    IMO......this BS has to be halted......let justice prevail.
    Here's a thought. If you can read it to the end, you'll be treated to a pearl.

On Trayvon, race and being Christian
    Can we leave the religious zealots out of this also................read it.
    If anyone here is acquainted with the facts of this case.....there was a point where Z was walking back to his car after he lost site of T.....that's when the confrontation happened.....was he blind sided by T or ambushed ? We don't know yet.....but let the LE professional do their work.
    IMO............the religious finatics are as bad at the uncivil rights activists.
    No Thanks...

I commend the Sanford Police Dept. for not acting out of haste in making an arrest untill they are sure that laws were broken....it's under investigation.

From the very 1st post that was an advisory to keep posts related to the legislation, not Zimmerman etc. Several posts were removed, another warning posted and it went ignored.

If members here can't abide simple instructions and threads get to the point of requiring constant monitoring and actions, it's time to close them. Yes, we're here to clean up threads etc. but every now and then we have to dynamite the oil well before it's possible to clean up the mess.

But but but... mooooooooom!

Good call admins. We have a similar problem on a forum I help moderate. We've had a particular subject that no one can keep a cool head about and we've basically had to ban discussion of it outright.
    aznav likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links