Youth/Children and Guns area?

This is a discussion on Youth/Children and Guns area? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I have seen a lot of threads on here that deal with youth/children safety issues, advice on guns, teaching techniques, etc. As a parent who ...

Thread: Youth/Children and Guns area?

I have seen a lot of threads on here that deal with youth/children safety issues, advice on guns, teaching techniques, etc. As a parent who is actively teaching my daughter and soon my son how to shoot, gun safety rules, etc. I am hoping I can find a single location where I can go to browse through children/youth and guns subjects. Since this is my "go-to" forum for gun related issues, I would love to see a section (maybe a subforum?) on "Children/Youth and Guns" area where we can easily go to post or read and find resources about teaching, training, and gun advice for children and youth.

Or, like my wife accusess me of frequently, am I blind and missing an area where this is?
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

My tinfoil hat may be a little snug but, a search for a "kids and guns" forum may bring unwanted attention.

I understand what you are asking and it makes sense but sometimes you need to empty the glass to to see through it.
    I think there is a training subforum and your topic would cetainly fit there as it is some of the most important training out there.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

my kids along with their friends (the ones that the parents trusted me) went to a private range; a gun club where we had the place most of the time. I would put 4 22's on the bench and a brick of ammo and let them go at it.

One thing is you have to make it fun... balloons, clay pigeons, plastic bottles. Kids need targets the react when hit. Just for the record I started teaching then as soon as the where old enough to understand

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    my kids along with their friends (the ones that the parents trusted me) went to a private range; a gun club where we had the place most of the time. I would put 4 22's on the bench and a brick of ammo and let them go at it.

One thing is you have to make it fun... balloons, clay pigeons, plastic bottles. Kids need targets the react when hit. Just for the record I started teaching then as soon as the where old enough to understand
    I am talking about a thread, forum, web page where we can go... like DC.com.... hard to shoot at reactionary targets when I am on the keyboard. Was I THAT unclear in my post?
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

I've been taking my kids and their friends to the range for the last two years. They are 12 and 10-years-old. They love it and have gained respect for what each gun can do. I can leave my gun out and they have no interest what so ever, because as they've told me, they know the damage the gun can cause and they know they only have to ask me to go to the range and we do.

Now if their friends are over, I secure them, as I'm not sure what they would do.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Sponsored Links