Glock 36 slimline

This is a discussion on Glock 36 slimline within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; The new Glock 36 is one of the best pistols Iv ever owned,user friendly pistol with a lot of punch .45 cal stopping power easy ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gunplay

Thread: Glock 36 slimline

Glock 36 slimline

The new Glock 36 is one of the best pistols Iv ever owned,user friendly pistol with a lot of punch .45 cal stopping power easy to conceal and very accurate
    RETSUPT99 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

G36 is my EDC. Love it.

But, I have taken notice of the Springfield XD-S (.45 cal) which was introduced at the 2012 SHOT Show. It is smaller, thinner than the G36. However, you are giving up some capacity (5+1). Also, the shooters who have demo'ed the pistol say it does not punish the shooter. The G36 does not punish shooters either, but for such a small pistol as the XD-S to be as shootable as has been reported is quite noteworthy.

I will continue to EDC my G36 but I am watching for further reports on the XD-S with great interest.

The Glock-36 is my EDC, and it's what got me started into Glock.
    I now own 5 Glocks...quality and dependability are hard to beat.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I really like the Glock 36 as well. I am a gun owner that likes models that tend not to be the most popular - off the beaten path. I have a G19 as well, but when I open my mini safe on the way out the door, I find I grab the 36 more than the 19 for my EDC gun.

The only critisizim I get is on capacity. I use the +1 extention on my spare magazine, so that gives me a total of 14 rounds with one in the chamber. If I need more than 14 rounds to survive a situation, I have bigger problems.

I also own a Glock 19 and usually carry it in the winter months but chose the Kahr CW45 over the Golck 36 for my summer carry because it is a little thinner and easier to conceal for me. Your mileage may vary.

However, I did shoot the G36 and it shoots and handles well. I don't think you can go wrong with either of the three.

I also am one of those that likes to choose other than the most popular, like when the iPod came out I got the dell version (forget the name). The only downside I have had with glock 19 is they are so popular they don't stay available for long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I purchased my first handgun last April. Shortly after, I joined this forum. Now, I have a G 19, G 36, Colt LWT Commander XZE, Remington 870, and a Judge!

My budget is trashed! But I LOVE that G 36!!!!!!!!!!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I liked my G19 so much that I then bought a G36...and a G26....and G21, G32, and another G36! Since then, my go-to carry weapon is a Colt New Agent .45, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the G36.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Links