Watch the Language

This is a discussion on Watch the Language within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by paaiyan Carrying a firearm is indeed against the law for minors under most circumstances, but that doesn't mean we have to allow ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Watch the Language

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Carrying a firearm is indeed against the law for minors under most circumstances, but that doesn't mean we have to allow vulgarity. Carrying and preparing for the use of a firearm is a mature discussion, but we can still keep it classy.
    My post has nothing to do with vulgarity nor am I condoning it or not condoning it. My point is just the wording of "family friendly" with regards to describing the nature of this forum seems like a poor choice.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    My post has nothing to do with vulgarity nor am I condoning it or not condoning it. My point is just the wording of "family friendly" with regards to describing the nature of this forum seems like a poor choice.
    Why? I think that is a common expression meaning free of stuff you don't want a younger
    teen or older pre-teen to hear; and free of stuff considered vulgar, impolite, or uncivil.
    Dadsnugun and msgt/ret like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Never miss a good chance to shut up.

It's possible that I may have deleted more of my own posts, than actually submitted.
    done that myself a time or two...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

PB2
    "The use of foul language is a sign of a poor vocabulary." -- My mother.

Many times people access forums from a computer where younger family members can see the screen.

Why I don't disagree with the rules by any means. The part that Defensive Carry is a "family friendly" forum kind of throws me off. We are talking about activities in which it is against the law for minors. Maybe it's just the wording I guess.
    Since I am working with my daughter to shoot, she is frequently looking over my shoulder when I am at the computer. I seek advice for what kind of guns would be good for her, and other advice related to youth and shooting. Since shooting is such an important activity that my daughter and I do together, this forum is truly a "family" forum for me.
    rolyat63 likes this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Speak for yourself.

The civility and openness here are always a fresh breath of air. Differences can be aired, opinions expressed and without much of the baggage that typically triggers on the internet.

The rules do work, and we all enjoy the result! What a great deal!
    I abide by the rules, for the most part...I think. Gotta say though, it is odd that a combination of letters can actually offend some people. I'm not talking about calling people names, but rather words being thrown out in casual conversation, which sometimes happens between friends/bros/associates/colleagues.

It's not my call, so really, it doesn't matter what I have to say.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Another reason why I love our moderators- they keep everyone from going absolutely insane and make this place much more family friendly- while some of our discussions cannot really be viewed that way, the language used it what makes the difference.

It helps keep the willfully ignorant people from getting on here and making a mess of everything. Because, let's face it everyone, the things we discuss here tend to be rather heatedly debated by many people and if WE can keep a civil mind, then it makes us all that much better for it.

Also, they do a REALLY awesome job of filtering all the comments from the peanut gallery- helping to make sure that nobody gets too offended. Somehow.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    I am sure there are others here that remember another gun forum that went away due to degenerating into a bunch of flame wars, personal attacks and other poor behavior. Thankfully the Mods here step in and prevent such behavior. Well done Mods.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links