why does the search not work for me??

This is a discussion on why does the search not work for me?? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; i tried looking up on the xdm, nothing. i'm trying to look for info on the pf9, nothing. what the hell? i've tried kel tec ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By JD
  • 1 Post By TheShadow

Thread: why does the search not work for me??

why does the search not work for me??

i tried looking up on the xdm, nothing. i'm trying to look for info on the pf9, nothing. what the hell? i've tried kel tec pf9, kel tec, pf9 ect. nothing works. i don't get it. any ideas?

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by hek1620 View Post
    i tried looking up on the xdm, nothing. i'm trying to look for info on the pf9, nothing. what the hell? i've tried kel tec pf9, kel tec, pf9 ect. nothing works. i don't get it. any ideas?
    The search tool is a little funky, first and foremost, if you use the "standard" search bar on any given page, there is a character requirement, anything under....4? characters is not going to return anything.

If you click on advanced search, you need to click on the "Search Single Content Type" tab and then input your information. The same character count is required.

Rebuilding the search indexes to go to a 3 letter minimum is apparently a huge task...

The search features in this version of Vbulletin are horrendous, but it's what we've got until it's fixed by VBulletin.

What I've found to actually work better in some cases is to just use Google and use "defensivecarry.com" as sort of a prefix to the search keywords.

ok, thanks.

If you use the "site:" in your google search it will only return hits for this site

site:defensivecarry.com pf9

site:defensivecarry.com kel tec pf9

site:defensivecarry.com m&p

site:defensivecarry.com sig
    JD likes this.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Links